StudentsReview :: California Coast University - Graduate (MS/PhD) Ratings

Females 5
Males 31
Avg years at University 2.6
Research Quality B (6.8)
Research Availability B (6.6)
Research Funding C (5.0)
Graduate Politics B+ (7.9)
Not Errand Runners A- (8.1)
Degree Completion A- (8.1)
Alternative pay [ta/gsi] B (6.8)
Sufficient Pay B (6.6)
Competitiveness B+ (7.7)
Education Quality A- (8.3)
Faculty Accessibility B+ (7.9)
Useful Research B+ (7.9)
"Individual" treatment A- (8.2)
Friendliness A- (8.7)
Safety A- (8.8)
Campus Beauty C (4.7)
Campus Maintenance B+ (7.6)
University Spending B+ (7.6)
Extracurriculars C (4.8)
Scholastic Success B+ (8.0)
Surrounding City B (7.0)
Social Life/ Environment C+ (5.2)
Campus BeautyC
SafetyA-
As a new doctoral Educational Psychology student atJul 20 2017Education
As a new doctoral Educational Psychology student at California Coast University I can highly recommend it to working or busy people looking for a self-paced, affordable, accessible doctorate program. The course is highly structured and the material refreshingly free from pretentious academic jargon. The administration staff are helpful and responsive. Ifyou are looking for a professional doctorate from a private university and willing to just "get on with it" Cal Coast is for you.
I have completed the MFeb 14 2017Education
I have completed the M.Ed education program in curriculum design and instruction. Currently I am enrolling in their doctoral program in education psychology. My experience overall is quite positive. Faculty helped when I needed help and were able to answer questions easily. The work load is high. Plenty of writing involved. Over the course of my masters degree I wrote easily between 700-1000 pages. The cost and flexibility is what does it for me. If you enroll in a graduate program here I do not believe you are getting the best education possible, but you are rather finding out what you, as a person, are made of and how you can make yourself become a better learner. If anyone struggles in this program it is because they are unorganized or do not carry the drive to push through their own deadlines. At times I slacked off quite a bit when work requirements ate up my usual time I had dedicated to the program, so needless to say I was not immune. Hopefully in the future I hope there is a bit more interaction, however, between student and faculty. That would make California coast, in my opinion, a far superior choice to other online universities (based on information from friends who have taken other online programs).
This University is excellent for hard working, self-motivateMay 12 2016Business - Management and Administration
This University is excellent for hard working, self-motivated and dedicated students:
1. It has an excellent payment plan that meets every student?s requirements and budget.
2. It offers flexible learning programs (Study when you can and Graduate as soon as you can).
3. It offers many comprehensive programs and learning options that will meet your learning objectives.

4. It has an excellent website that provides you online feedback, workflow and tracking of all your requests and submittals.

5. The faculty responds promptly to all your requests.
6. It offers great flexibility to either complete a research thesis or instead complete additional courses which will enhance your overall learning capacity and learning objectives.

7. If you are dedicated, consistent, self-motivated and hardworking, then you will be given an opportunity learn many subjects and acquire a great education.

It's 29 years since my PhD graduationJul 25 2015Engineering Department
It's 29 years since my PhD graduation. The state approval was and is important to me because much of my work occurred in foreign countries where state approval is necessary and sufficient for legitimacy. The Engineering program is being phased out and not open to new students. The CCU degree was always accepted by my corporate employers, but might not qualify me to teach college in USA or work in some government agencies. The CCU degrees work best for mid career adults who have employer support and are highly motivated. I hear a few complaints about CCU, but less complaints than from students of traditional colleges. All of the academic content was helpful to me and I used all of it in my career.
Research Topic(s): Liquefaction Of Coal ...
I wasted so much time and money!Jan 15 2014Education
I wasted so much time and money! Each course is sent to you and you complete the questions. 16 questions per course each 3 pages in length! Then the test which is quite easy. Way too much research and writing for each course. My first five courses I was on the Deans list with A's. then the changed paper graders ( they call them professors but to me a professor does more than grade a paper) and I received an F! I think they got harder because everyone ones calling them a diploma mill. Anyway, doing 16 quality essays per course with APAformat on ridiculous questions was too much time for me. I started here because I'm really busy and their financial package is easy. I'm transferring now to an online college where I can graduate this year without writing 16 (3-4) page papers per course.
I graduated with my MS in Psychology fromNov 11 2013Psychology
I graduated with my MS in Psychology from CCU in 2004 and was very pleased with the breadth and quality of the coursework. Prospective students are required to have a Bachelor's Degree from an accredited university before acceptance, and you must write an essay and have work experience relevant to your area of study. Faculty was always available when I had questions and very helpful. Books were available on-line through their library or you could purchase them on-line. You must be very, very self-disciplined to complete courses here. It is at your own pace, and the learning is very relevant, and concepts applicable to work in the field. The price was very competitive and what made it my choice were the facts CCU is accredited and the work a your own pace. This was perfect for me with a full time job. Several years after earning my Masters Degree, I was promoted in my job and would highly recommend CCU.
I attended California Coast University and found itNov 25 2011Philosophy
I attended California Coast University and found it to be a very challenging yet rewarding University. From the telephone operator, admissions staff, other administrative staff and most of all the Faculty, I truly had assistance from people who had patience, understanding while encouraging me to complete my doctorate degree. As according to Dr. Copper there is a light at the end of the tunnel. With his encouragement I began to see that light and when I finally did, it was a great happy feeling since I finished a project I promised myself. This Doctorate was for me and I am truly proud. Thanks to all who made my graduation special and to Melissa a big thank you.
Challenging & definitely notAug 05 2011Business - Management and Administration
Challenging & definitely not a walk in the park as far as program was concerned. Learned a lot from the program I completed and found the program outline intuitive towards learning.
The CCU openedAug 28 2010Business - Management and Administration
The CCU opened ways to achieve my ambition .Made me a grduate enable me to walk tall among other graduates of diifrent univsrsity.I salute the founder for forseeing and working out a practical ways. For many of us otherwise, we would have denied college education.
I study during 5 years at CCU inJan 16 2009Psychology
I study during 5 years at CCU in the school of education and school of psychology, both faculty members was very diligent with my process of study and very friendly and condescendent. I feel that the graduate education at CCU was very competitive and professional. I recommend the CalCoast University to anyone that will loking for a professional and confortable plan of study.
Jul 04 2008Business - Management and Administration
CCU gave me a great education and has hleped me to grow in the health care business tremendously.
Research Topic(s): n/a
California Coast University (Calcoast) is a distance educatiMar 11 2008Psychology
California Coast University (Calcoast) is a distance education institution that is nationally accredited by the Distance Education Training Council (DETC)a U.S. department of Education approved accrediting agency. My Master of Science in psychology has been accepted in Missouri for the certified advanced substance abuse counselor credential.
I am currently a retired vocational psychologistSep 06 2007Psychology
I am currently a retired vocational psychologist. I was the staff psychologist for the State Department of Rehabilitation in Santa Barbara for 25 years plus. CCU was a great experience for myself as a working psychologist. The cost was very reasonable but the academic support limited. As a doctoral program I'd recommend that any graduate student in psychology obtain their Masters from a traditional university and then pursue their PhD in a CCU type of program. One is required to work alone. Also research design is a necessity for every grad student. So if a psych grad has no exposure to statistical design and writing, I would think that such an individual would struggle even to arrive at an appropriate research question. In my case I was in experimental psychology as an undergraduate and then went into a Master's program for counseling and guidance. Since I was accustomed to research projects of various types, I was delighted to have autonomy and self pace. A graduate committee could have been a major hinderance in pursuing a topic of interest and gathering data in my work setting. Instead Dr. Jones was both accomodating and constructive in assisting me during the proposal phase. My hope is that the CCU will eventually be able to grant doctorates again in the field of psychology. Best wishes to Dr. Thomas Neal and Dr Nancy Jones

Tom Andreoli PhD

Research Topic(s): The Effect Of Test Anxiety Amongst Vocational Rehabilitation Clients
Sep 29 2005Business - Management and Administration
CCU has satisfied my need for an excellent MBA Program that I can complete at my own pace. I already work in the corporate world and have other personal and professional obligations to account for. CCU allows me the time and flexibility to achieve a quality MBA education that will further advance my career goals all at my own pace. CCU is a valuable educational and career enhancing experience! I highly recommend it for mid-career executives and professionals who does not have the time to attend classes but have the determination, persistence, and desire to learn, study, and achieve at your own pace and schedule.
The fact of theMar 10 2005Business - Management and Administration
The fact of the matter is that California Coast University
has been state-approved for years, and now has national
accreditation to boot. The education is especially useful
to older professionals. Overall, my learning experience has been positive.
If you want to be competitive in theOct 16 2004Psychology
If you want to be competitive in the job market, if you don't want the unrelenting questions of "California Coast...where is that?", if you don't want to be turned down time and time again because you went to a school that is not regionally accredited, if you want to feel like you are getting an actual education and not just paying money for a phony diploma, for God’s sake do not go to this school!!!!!
Research Topic(s): N/A
Sep 16 2004Education
Outstanding curriculum and texts. My only wish is that the school was accredited by a larger organization.
Research Topic(s): Effects of Educational Technology on Traditional and Nontraditional St
California Coast University is a very professional andAug 24 2004Business - Management and Administration
California Coast University is a very professional and exigent institution. I had to work hard to get my Master in Business Administration and I'm continuing with my studies to get the PhD. I will recommend this institution to any adult professional decided to continue his/her education and get a degree when his/her daily work and life duties don't let him/her attend to a traditional College or University. At the end what really matters is how do you feel when you achieve your goals. This institution really deserves the accreditation that is looking for because of the excellence of its education.
I am a PsyAug 11 2004Psychology
I am a Psy.D. student and a current school psychologist. I have been pleased with the program and it's self paced nature and have acquired useful knowledge that has practicle applicability. The cost is a real plus.
I am finishing my PhJul 19 2004Unknown
I am finishing my Ph.D in Psychology at ccu and I am working towards my licensure as a clinical psychologist. I already found a setting that will give a chance to sudents from ccu to work on the 3000 hours that are required before you are licensed. i am now a registered psychological assistant, and i hope in 2 years to openn my practice. if you need any help you may e mail me,,,
The distance education programJun 08 2004Business - Management and Administration
The distance education program at CCU provided me the
perfect opportunity to obtain my Masters degree. I am extremely pleased with the university and its staff.

Business Administration

This is an alternative educational experience at aMay 04 2004Business - Management and Administration
This is an alternative educational experience at a pioneer in distance education. Not everyone will find this appropriate for their educational objectives, but I did. Although the doctoral program was only State Approved, rather than regionally accredited, I have not found this to be an issue in my professional life.
Research Topic(s): Evaluation of Chlorine Dioxide as a Disinfecting Agent for Contact Len
Given the understanding CCU specializes in distance learningMar 11 2004Business - Management and Administration
Given the understanding CCU specializes in distance learning many of the questions regarding the institution are inappropriate. My personal experience at the university was very positive. The academic standards are credible and the work-load required is certainly on a par with residence-required universities. The faculty is helpful and accommodating. For mid-career professionals who don't have the time to attend a more traditional academic environment, CCU is the way to go.
I found my experienceFeb 07 2004Psychology
I found my experience at CCU enlightening, positive and worthwhile. As a graduate of several regionally accredited universities, CCU was on par especially for my thesis / dissertation.
i have always beleived that the level andDec 29 2003Business - Management and Administration
i have always beleived that the level and quality of education depends more on the student's dedication and motivation to learn than the institution. I feel I learned a great deal about my particular subject matter and I am very successful within my area of expertise. Ccu may not have been the best choice I could have made but it was the best choice at the time. Overall I would give them a grade of b.
As far as aOct 06 2003Psychology
As far as a distance university goes, California Coast has been a pioneer in the field. With this degree, I was able to successfully transition into my chosen field with realitive ease. However one must be aware of licensing requirements should they wish to get licensed in a particular field.
Truly enjoyed the learningJul 10 2003Business - Management and Administration
Truly enjoyed the learning experience which was both challenging and enjoyable. Really wished that CCU was accredited at the time.
Jun 19 2003Psychology
Distance Learning only for mid-carreer professionals. An excellant choice.
Compare CCUSave CCU