StudentsReview :: San Diego State University - Graduate (MS/PhD) Ratings

Females 4
Males 7
Avg years at University 2.1
Research Quality C (4.4)
Research Availability C- (4.2)
Research Funding F (1.1)
Graduate Politics C (4.3)
Not Errand Runners C- (4.1)
Degree Completion D+ (3.1)
Alternative pay [ta/gsi] D+ (3.3)
Sufficient Pay D (2.1)
Competitiveness B- (6.3)
Education Quality B (6.8)
Faculty Accessibility B+ (7.9)
Useful Research B (7.0)
"Individual" treatment C- (3.5)
Friendliness C (4.7)
Safety C+ (5.1)
Campus Beauty C+ (5.4)
Campus Maintenance D+ (3.4)
University Spending D+ (2.9)
Extracurriculars C+ (5.7)
Scholastic Success B (6.6)
Surrounding City A (9.3)
Social Life/ Environment B (7.2)
Research FundingF
Surrounding CityA
I hate pretty muchOct 07 2018Social Work
I hate pretty much everything about SDSU. The student body is arrogant as hell. Even some of the professors and condescending and snooty.
May 22 2018Electrical Engineering
The Electrical Department has a very bad faculty. Being an international student, I faced hate and racism from few professors.
Must avoid for InternationalNov 28 2016Electrical Engineering
Must avoid for International Students (EE Major). Or else take my words, you will regret. I was never tortured mentally like this ever in my life.
The department is horribleOct 26 2015Electrical Engineering
The department is horrible. I donno how I came into the Lion's Den. Most Faculties try to victimise us for their benefits. If you are an international student, this a must avoid university for EE. Course are not upto the industry level. The department have very less funding.
I hate this universitySep 13 2015Other
I hate this university. The professors in the statistics department will not help you. There are no faculty in the statistics department and no funding for master's students. Some of coursework is taught once every two years and a student is pretty much screwed if they want to take a course they like. The professors cannot speak English well and this is a serious problem. This school needs to recruit more professors and "english-speaking" professors. I do not feel prepared for the work force. This university does not provide software to students. How are student's supposed to learn without this. There are no internship opportunities as the career service is not helpful either. Students at this university usually just want to float by and do not hold themselves to high standards. I have witnessed on many occasions cheating. At the master's level, this should not take place. The minimum requirements for entry into this department should be higher. This program should require completion of an external internship.
I have just been accepted to the SchoolMay 18 2005Communications
I have just been accepted to the School of Communication graduate department for my Masters in Mass Comm/Media. I applied and was accepted to three different state schools and San Diego was the best out of all of them. The communication with Faculty and staff was amazing and reassured me that I was choosing the right school. Faculty allowed me to call them at home durring the process as well as current graduate students. All of my questions were answered right away....CANT WAIT TO START!
In response to the individual who dislikes theAug 29 2004History/Histories (art history/etc.)
In response to the individual who dislikes the graduate history program at SDSU, I am replying in agreement. I applied to the graduate history program and never got a response back because my application was not received by the graduate committee on time, despite the fact that I TURNED IT IN BY THE MAY 1ST DEADLINE. The graduate adviser is the most incompetent faculty member in the history department. And the school is very much cheap and does not make the effort to hire tenure track Ph.Ds with loads of experience. My advice is to give some of the part timers full-time status (there are some individuals who are worthy of that honor). I doubt that some of the retired professors are "broken men and women" because two of them had quite successful teaching careers and one of them happens to be my favorite professor.In the end, U. of San Diego, UC San Diego, and Pepperdine are on my top graduate school lists. SDSU is one of my last picks for grad school because I simply refuse to work next to a graduate adviser who cannot figure out or work with the graduate admissions office to find out why or how my application never made it to the committee on time.
Run-don't walk-to another graduate school for history! TheAug 15 2004History/Histories (art history/etc.)
Run-don't walk-to another graduate school for history! The budget has destroyed this program. No meaningful seminars are available. You will probably be taught by some overworked part-timer because they are too cheap to hire tenure track faculty at this school. You will probably get rounded up with other overloaded grads to teach undergrad courses at high workload and low pay. The old-timers are finishing up their careers here as broken men and women who see a stupider class of freshmen coming to SDSU every year. If you like belly rings, flip-flop girls and shredder boys, this is the school for you. If you want a grad program you can be proud of...move on!
This is an excellentJun 30 2004Political Science
This is an excellent univerrsity and I would recommend it to anyone who likes 75 degree weather year-round. i personally hate the sun (I'm more of a Pacific Northwest kind of a guy) but the school makes it worth it.
Research Topic(s): Not Available