StudentsReview :: Madonna University - Graduate (MS/PhD) Ratings

Total Grad Surveys 2
Females 1
Males 1
Avg years at University 0.5
Research Quality B+ (7.7)
Research Availability A (9.2)
Research Funding A (9.2)
Graduate Politics A (9.2)
Not Errand Runners A (9.2)
Degree Completion A (9.2)
Alternative pay [ta/gsi] A (9.2)
Sufficient Pay A (9.2)
Competitiveness A (9.2)
Education Quality A (9.2)
Faculty Accessibility A (9.2)
Useful Research A+ (10.0)
"Individual" treatment A (9.2)
Friendliness A (9.2)
Safety A+ (10.0)
Campus Beauty A- (8.5)
Campus Maintenance A (9.2)
University Spending A (9.2)
Extracurriculars A (9.2)
Scholastic Success A+ (10.0)
Surrounding City A (9.2)
Social Life/ Environment A (9.2)
Research QualityB+
SafetyA+
The business school of Madonna University has completelyDec 07 2009Business - Management and Administration
The business school of Madonna University has completely bastardized the concept of a Master's degree.

A number of the faculty are unqualified to teach at the "graduate" level and yet they do so. The academic standards of the so called "graduate" level MBA classes are more in line with that of high school.

I registered as a part-time MBA student andOct 18 2009Business - Management and Administration
I registered as a part-time MBA student and this is my first semester. I did my undergraduate degree at a top 25 instituition in the country as ranked by USNEWS this year.

The first red flag appeared was when I found out that they did not require the GMAT or GRE for admission and practically anyone with a 3.0 undergraduate GPA gets in.

The second red flag was when I was scrolling through the business school website, they said that they were seeking membership in the IACBE. Anyone who has done at least some research into business schools know that AACSB is the only legitimate accreditation body.

However, since my employer was paying for my tuition and it wasn't a hassle to get in, I registered anyway against my gut feeling as I admitably was a little lazy. I very much regret this decision and I'll be taking this as a lesosn learnt in life, you reap what you sow.

This will be my first and last semester at MU! Standards are sorely lacking and I think that some of the Professors aren't even qualified to teach at the graduate level. I'll give you one example of a profile of a faculty member: MBA from an unranked school, no PhD, not even a single day as a manager or supervisor in the industry, most of his academic career spent in tier 4 schools or community colleges. Yet this guy teaches MBA classes! His knowledge or rather lack of knowledge clearly shows during classes.

Classmates are mostly stuck in lowly paid dead-end jobs with no hopes of advancement. The standards of the student body is generally lower than you average school.

My peers from my undergraduate days and family who did MBAs have always talked about the importance of networking and corporate recruitment in an MBA program. Don't hope for any of this here.I recently took the GMAT and got a score of 710. I porbably will do an MBA in the near future, but full-time and at a tier 1 school. I've come to realize that any MBA not from a tier 1 school is simply not worth the time and money doing.

I have enjoyed my time at Madonna andAug 16 2008Business - Management and Administration
I have enjoyed my time at Madonna and would go back if I had to do it all over again. Some of the qualities marked in the preceding fields don't apply to me as much as more research focused programs since I am an MBA student. So here are the positive aspects I have enjoyed about the program: In three semesters almost all of my professors have been great except for one (Arends). They are friendly and bring their real world experience with them in addition to what you are learning from the textbooks. I have felt challenged in most of my classes, such as Macroeconomics and Accounting. I took a class at the Orchard Lake Campus over the summer and it was amazing. In addition to really enjoying my class there, I would go to the cafeteria where there was an array of home cooked food in a buffet for $6. A lot of it was Polish food as there is a huge Polish background there but it was a great deal for a college student, greatest buffet ever in my opinion. (And I'm now a fan of Polish food) The campus is also beautiful and historic and it was fun driving my motorcycle to class through the winding lake roads going to and from class from Livonia. I've met people from other countries in my classes and that gave me the opportunity to learn more about other cultures. My dealings with the financial aid office have been painless so far, which is great because that can be a real hassle if anyone else out there has dealt with that before. After I finish my MBA I'm applying to law schools in pursuit of a JD and am confident my MBA has helped prepare me to enter business law when completely finished. The surrounding city of Livonia is nice and very safe. You never feel threatened there. It's not a huge city but there's still stuff to do there. It's also right down the road from Detroit and contrary to what most people outside of Michigan think Detroit can be a fun and safe town. Parking is easy and free. So no large complaints so far. It's a little more expensive than some other schools but it's a private Catholic university and that is to be expected since they do not receive state funding. It's also a very small school, which I enjoy. I came here strictly for the eduction, not to do keg stands all the time at a frat house and am happy with what I have experienced. There's more but I hope this has been of some help to those interested in deciding where to go in pursuing an MBA. Good luck and best wishes.
Compare MadonnaSave Madonna