StudentsReview :: Lyndon State College - Comments and Student Experiences

Lyndon State College

Headed towards bankruptcy.Bright
Headed towards bankruptcy. Merger with Lyndon will keep both afloat no more than 5 years. Read student comments on both colleges. There are more run-on sentences on this rating site than a sixth grade grammar school class. Enrollment in state colleges in VT and other states across the nation is in sharp decline. For an acceptable return on investment when paying for schooling, I suggest technical schools that will provide hands in training. Student default rates are substantially higher at Lyndon/Johnson State colleges than the national average. Lending institutions are going to lend less money to schools who have graduation rates hovering around 30%. So give it less than 5 years and these two schools will be defunct.
1st Year Male -- Class 1921
Social Life: A+, Education Quality: F
When i started a lyndon state college inCommunications
When i started a lyndon state college in 1976 it was a very liberal college by the end of my 1st semester alot of anti vietnam staff,faculty,staff and admin had changed their views on vietnam vets as we had basicly taken over the college with more then half the students having served in vietnam. we demanded a good good education and took no crap from professors who thought they were god, smoked pot when and where we wanted but did not disrespect fellow students and stuck up for them when the god like professors picked on them,so lyndon in may ways changed for the good.

when my wife went to go there in 2010 she was sexually harassed by the director of admissions and he was allowed to retire rather then be fired, the college professor was gay and bragged about being gay. this is his business not the whole worlds i don't advertise my sexual practices he definately should not. the deans hang out and don't do their jobs.

lyndon state college has fallen on bad times and changes need to take place start by lop of the head and work your way down getting rid of the dead wood and replacing them with good people that take their jobs seriously

I would like to begin by pointing outPsychology
I would like to begin by pointing out that I did not graduate from Lyndon State. I transferred out at the end of my sophomore year. Possibly the best academic choice that I ever made.

I will keep this brief. I met some amazing people during my two year internment there but unfortunately, only one was a faculty member. Ron Rossi is probably the only instructor worth half a salt and if you actually look at the staff as a whole, especially the idiot acting as Dean Jonathan whatsisface, or the nutter the hired as their most recent president, it's a wonder that anyone graduating from there can tie their own shoelaces let alone get graduate or post graduate degrees like I was able to. Who seriously gives the thumbs up to an on campus skate park for a school full of stoners. I will admit that the education, media studies, and meteorology programs were excellent, but that is about it.

Now lets look at housing. Similar to UVM, first and second year students are required to live on campus if they are under 24 and unmarried. Not only is this a rip-off considering the awful food and dumpy dorms, but they seem to do everything possible to kick out residents who the staff deem as trouble makers. You could literally get caught with every imaginable form of drug paraphernalia and be a full fledged criminal and be fine. If you get caught drinking or fail classes because some tenured prick doesn't feel like teaching anything usefull then you are gone.The next issue involves the problems that arise when you put a school in a town of less than 5,000 people. If you aren't into shredding the slopes and being at one with nature you can drink and get kicked out or do drugs and get the same results. I don't care for frats but at least UVM gave me the chance to join one and gave me a great education too. Yes it was insanely expensive but at least I didn't feel like I was flushing my education down the toilet in East Nowhere Vermont. If I had it all to do over again I would have burned my acceptance letter and gone directly to UVM or even out of state in an attempt to avoid that dump. Two years of my life that I will never get back.

Queen's University (Canada) 1:negative