StudentsReview :: The Art Institute of Seattle - Comments and Student Experiences

San Francisco Art Institute -- San Francisco, CA
Washington Bible College / Capital Bible Seminary -- Lanham, MD
Washington College -- Chestertown, MD

The Art Institute of Seattle

I went to this school to validate myArt & Design Department
I went to this school to validate my skills with a degree. I had an AA and skills and knowledge in fashion design but felt I needed a degree to give me credibility. The quality of the education at AI is laughable. The projects and classes are a waste of time, almost nothing is learned or accomplished. Most of the faculty seem to be former students who can't get a job elsewhere. There is often a lack of supplies and machines to use. The only thing they get right is the marketing that sucks you in so AI can take your money. Stay away from this place unless you like being ridiculed for being stupid enough to go to school here. I could go on forever and not find one good reason to recommend this school. I am amazed that anyone would want to work at AI making the promises that are made and keeping up the front of being able to get employment for students. I graduated from an accredited school with honors before I attended AI for much less money and a lot more education. I wish I had stuck with another accredited institution.
I'm currently an Audio Production student at TheAverageOther
I'm currently an Audio Production student at The Art Institute of Seattle and let me tell you this I wish I wouldn't have bought in to all their lies they were feeding me during my campus tour day they were all saying how great the school is, how professional the teachers are and how nice the staff is.

Let me tell you something it's all completely fake, all fabricated so they can steal your money away, steal your parents money away. They screw their students over especially if they don't like you or they know that you aren't considered one of the normal students without a learning disability.

I have a learning disability and they take advantage of it because they know that I won't stick up for myself. I've been Academically dismissed a total of three times now from school and before getting dismissed I never once received a letter in the mail stating I was on Academic warning (which is what most students that the college actually likes sends out to them). And when you do appeal to get back in your program director will tell you one thing, but than the college will tell you that you needed another thing.

Not to mention after this last quarter before Christmas break they had my GPA at a 2.03 and waited till a few weeks before the Winter quarter to randomly drop my GPA down to a 1.96 and dismiss me again, so I'm currently in another appeal process having to use emails that were sent between me and a few internship places because after my internship randomly told the teacher the 3rd week in the quarter that they only needed one intern instead of pulling me from the class they made me continue the class and email different internship places and take my focus completely off my other classes. And I'm gonna be livid if they don't approve my appeal because it's their fault I'm in this mess in the first place.I highly recommend that you don't waste your money on this school. They'll wait till your two quarters from graduating and than screw you over and screw with your degree audit.

2nd Year Male -- Class 2015
Surrounding City: C, Education Quality: F
I can only speak for Digital Film-making andVideo/Media
I can only speak for Digital Film-making and Video Production at Art Institute of Seattle. It is a terrible program with poor design only to pass minimum requirement to get accreditation from Northwest Commission on Colleges and University. List of classes and class description sound legit, however the program instructors are not qualify to teach this program. General education instructor are Ok, but this is not a school to go for general education. It cost 7 times higher than community college for general education. Program specific instructor only knowledgeable enough to teach 100 level classes and may be 200 level classes. There were only four DFVP specific instructors for the program by the time I graduated. Two of them are out dated in technology and filmmaking workflow. The other two doesn't have enough knowledge to teach class they were teaching. For example, an instructor attempt to teach web coding in Media Delivery class but barely know how to code, 10 years behind in coding, and terrible eyes for design. See the instructor website for example, http://www.christopherjulian.com/. The school have Web Design Program with people who are knowledgeable in coding but not use them to teach this subject for DFVP student.
Compare AIS/AIO-SeattleSave AIS/AIO-Seattle