StudentsReview :: Oakland University Business School

Extracuriculars
Meeting People
Romance

Undergraduate/Surveys Related to Business School

I am about to finish up my firstNot so brightBusiness - Management and Administration
I am about to finish up my first year at Oakland University, and I absolutely love it here. As for all the negative comments, there are a lot of commuters that go here. I myself live on campus, which is probably why I like it so much. Most commuters go to class and then go home without even bothering to make an effort to have fun here. There are a lot of clubs to join for everyone. The parties are usually in the apartments on campus or in the apartments across the street. They're pretty fun, so don't believe it when people say there aren't any parties at OU. The Professors I've had this year are all very enthusiastic and always there to help if you need it. The campus is absolutely beautiful, and they keep building new things. Overall, I love it here and would recommend living on campus if you go here. I couldn't imagine myself anywhere else.
1st Year Female -- Class 2018
Preparedness: Reputation:
Oakland University has great academics, great teachers, andQuite BrightAccounting
Oakland University has great academics, great teachers, and a beautiful campus. With all those positive facts being said, the Social Life is pretty terrible. I tried living on and off campus, joining a greek, and even doing club activities. In every situation, the school's rules and regulations stopped us from having fun and acting like young ADULTS. Yes... were all ADULTS in college. If you want to get a great job when you graduate and learn skills in class, Oakland is a great place for that. If you wanna have a fun time acting your age while you do those things, definitely go to another school. To give an example of what I mean, the school finally just approved a tailgate for our homecoming last year. They also allow students to drink beer there, but they RUIN the ENTIRE EVENT by placing students in a small parking lot that is barricaded and constantly patrolled by police. NOTE TO OU: Young adults don't like to be watched every second of every day. We are big kids now and can watch ourselves.
4th Year Male -- Class 2013
Preparedness: Reputation:
If you are debating about going to OaklandBrightBusiness - Management and Administration
If you are debating about going to Oakland or somewhere else to save money, go somewhere else because Oakland University is not a fun or helpful school. For instance my econ teacher (who needs to retire) needs to call tech support ever other day because he forgets his password or can't figure out how to work the electronics in the class. This wastes about twenty minutes of time I'm paying for. The first three classes he couldn't figure out how to play a DVD so he just let us go with 45 minutes left of class.
1st Year Female -- Class 2015