StudentsReview :: The University of Michigan - Flint Business School

Extracuriculars
Meeting People
Romance

Undergraduate/Surveys Related to Business School

Just to give a brief background on myself.Quite BrightBusiness - Management and Administration
Just to give a brief background on myself. I am an out-of-state student and currently enrolled in one of U of M Flint's distance learning programs. I am in my first year and because I have never set foot on the campus, not to mention the state of Michigan, I cannot comment on the student life or overall aesthetics of the campus. My apologies in advance.

When I was researching universities that offer programs that can be completed online without the need to visit the campus, U of M Flint and U of M Dearborn were very high on my list. Unfortunately, U of M Ann Arbor does not currently provide any fully-online programs, only mixed-mode. The person I spoke with said that they may or may not consider it in the future. Suffice it to say, I could not afford to wait any longer, so I chose U of M Flint since it had the program I interested in.

Again, I cannot comment on the student life, activities, or anything about the campus itself, but I will say that so far I've met some really great people and the professors (who are all required to have PhDs, by the way) are accessible, which is amazing considering that this is all being done via the web.

I've met a few people already who were admitted into AA, but told me that they could not stand the atmosphere, so they transferred out. I've also met some people who are planning to complete their requirements there, then transfer to AA or another school (credits are transferable between campuses). I also met students who have served in the military and older, non-traditional students that are going back to school after many years and do not feel comfortable being in a room with a bunch of twenty-something kids.All in all, I will say that the school is definitely worth attending. Graduates gain entry into U of M's alumni association, they receive the same diplomas, and class rings for a fraction of the cost at Ann Arbor.

1st Year Male -- Class 2014
Preparedness: Reputation:
The University of Michigan-FlintBrightBusiness - Management and Administration
The University of Michigan-Flint is a great school, however it is rather expensive and that is why I only spent 1 year there. If tuition was a more reasonable price, I would still be there.
1st Year Male -- Class 2012