StudentsReview :: The University of Missouri - Kansas City Business School

Extracuriculars
Meeting People
Romance

Undergraduate/Surveys Related to Business School

I graduated from the Bloch School business programSuper BrilliantBusiness - Management and Administration
I graduated from the Bloch School business program with a 4.0. I cannot get a job. Not even an entry level job. I went to the job fair at the school and received e-mail denials from everyone involved. Not even an interview. Having UMKC on your resume is toxic to your career. I'm not sure what it's like outside of the KC area, but KC area corporations have no respect for this degree. You're better off investing this money in the lottery or some sort of card counting scheme. I felt like I learned a lot at this school, but if I can't get a job, it's worthless. I was able to find work just fine before I got my degree. The only thing that has changed is the UMKC name on my resume.Also, the school resources for helping you find a job consist of making you wait 2 weeks to make an appointment. Then, when you go in, they sit with you and discuss how to use their job website. Waste of time. Also, their website for jobs features positions like dishwasher, car salesperson, etc. When you tell it to show you full-time jobs, it shows jobs with part-time right in the title. When you tell it to search within 50 miles of KC, it shows you jobs in Arizona. The whole place is a joke.
Starting Job: customer service; Preparedness: D Reputation: D
Attending UMKC has been an absolutely HORRIBLE experience.Quite BrightBusiness - Management and Administration
Attending UMKC has been an absolutely HORRIBLE experience. I have had some great teachers but I have also had plenty that were awful. Some have said outright that they dislike teaching the class. The school is not outrageously expensive but it costs too much for the quality of the education. Parking at UMKC is a nightmare. You pay over $100 per semester for a parking pass, but what for? There is never anywhere to park and parking lots are always closed for "maintenance", however you rarely see any maintenance actually being done. The past 3 years there has been construction going on constantly in the buildings, which disrupts class. The staff is unhelpful and clueless. I would NEVER recommend this university to ANYONE.
3rd Year Female -- Class 2011
Starting Job: customer service; Preparedness: D Reputation: D
UMKC is a beautiful campus,I have never seenAverageBusiness - Management and Administration
UMKC is a beautiful campus,I have never seen a school as georgeous as ours. I moved from San Diego to go here on an athletic scholarship and I havn't regret it yet. The only thing that I didn't like is the weather but I was spoiled before. I really like the business program and the professors are very experienced in all ofthe different fields of business.
3rd Year Female -- Class 2005