StudentsReview :: The University of Arkansas - Extra Detail about the Comment

Useful Schoolwork
C-
Campus Aesthetics/ Beauty
A-
He cares more about Useful Schoolwork than the average student.
Date: Sep 21 2002
Major: Music Education (This Major's Salary over time)
If the University were a human body, it would have a tough time staying alive. A body in working order has multi-functioning parts that work for the sum. The U of A has a few extremely powerful organs to carry it, and the rest are in medical peril. The football team, business school, and a few other programs are top notch with facilities that are sure to rival almost any other campus. I think the business school is nationally ranked in the top 30 or very close. The school just recieved 300 million dollars and the students just recieved a 7% tuition increase. Hmmm… A couple of weeks ago my physics lab teacher gave me two bonus points "unto my quiz" for successfully introducing myself to two females. The music program is on the verge of losing its choral department. I'm required to take 9 hours of spanish. I'm in the last semester and I can attest that the difficulty variance between the three teachers I have had is enourmous. Thusly, my grades are mostly As, a few Bs, and then a 69.6 C in Spanish every semester. My calender has December 14th marked as "the last day that I will be tested for anything Spanish." That is… if I pass the class. The fraternity system (of which I am not a supporter) is falling apart. There are plans to make massive changes in the next couple of years to get fraternity numbers up. Good luck. I hate to whine about all the bad things because there have been some good things as well. Football tickets only cost 1$ per home game. The parking department hands out tickets so accurately, I think they have a satellite. They are building a new honors college that I will get to admire after I get my degree. The math building has a conveyor belt system where you hop onto two rats and have them take you where you need to go. Ok, maybe I'm taking it a bit far. Still, the U of A doesn't seem to rank up to other schools in the SEC that have the same conditions. More than anything, I wish the gurus of the university would step down from Olympus occassionally and talk to us students without a preconceived notion of how their interaction should influence the grand scheme of things. Here comes the chancellor! What's that? Football tickets are 50 cents per game! Go Hogs!
Compare UArkansasSave UArkansas