StudentsReview :: Pacific Lutheran University - Extra Detail about the Comment

Central Washington University -- Ellensburg, WA

Pacific Lutheran University

Alumni Survey

Date: Oct 19 2002
Major: Chemistry (This Major's Salary over time)
College life at Pacific Lutheran University gave me a solid foundation in the sciences that I needed to succeed in medical school as well as the breadth of knowledge of a liberal arts (L.A) education. I did not realize it at the time, but my L.A. education has served me often to a greater degree than many of my classes in medical school. Other than the anatomy and basic physiology taught to me in my first year of graduate study, very little of what I learned twenty years ago in medical school is relevant today. I am constantly learning and studying to keep abreast of my field of medicine. P.L.U. gave me the foundation to think critically and look at problems from ethical, philosophical, and religious points of view. These are tools that cannot be learned in the highly specialized medical school curriculum. I use these skills every single day in my practice of medicine. They help me reach the right decisions when confronted with moral dilemma. If I had it to do over again I would choose P.L.U. for my undergraduate education.
Pacific Lutheran University