StudentsReview :: The University of California - Irvine - Extra Detail about the Comment

University of California -- San Diego, CA

Social Life
D-
Campus Aesthetics/ Beauty
A
He cares more about Social Life than the average student.
Date: Jan 16 2003
Major: Political Science (This Major's Salary over time)
Only reason I went to this school was because my father passed away and i had to attend close to home. I imaged college to be an exciting time where I met new people, experienced new things, and was able to broaden my views on the world. UCI is not the place to go for these experiences. Although the faculty and students are Left of the political scale, you would expect that from any college, the faculty is decent. I've met a few intelligent professors but the students are pretty much rejects of UCLA or UC Berkley. Basically, it can be summed up in this way, the Asian students in high school that did just enough to keep their parents at bay so they wouldn't hound them everynight, ALL attend this school. So for white folk, the students are actually diverse and interesting, but the Asian students are practically carbon copies of each other and they make up to about 60% of the population. In the words of my cousin, "I feel like I'm in Hong Kong and all the White people here are just visiting because the Asians out number them so damn much." DO NOT GO TO THIS SCHOOL UNLESS UNAVOIDABLE.
The University of California - Irvine