StudentsReview :: Santa Clara University - Extra Detail about the Comment

SAT1520
Useful Schoolwork
Campus Aesthetics/ Beauty
A
She cares more about Safety than the average student.
Date: Jan 27 2003
Major: Accounting (This Major's Salary over time)
Upon entering Santa Clara University I thought that I would be taught how to attain the keys to success, so far those "keys to success" have been the ability to teach myself. In about 85% of all the courses I have taken I've had to teach myself. During valuable class time the professors are too caught up in telling us to “think outside the box” that they forget to lecture about the material. The majority of professors are arrogant and don’t care about the success of the student. The students are snooty, for the most part, and are ridiculously competitive. The grading system is also a huge negative aspect. To date I have achieved an "A" in all of my classes, and one would assume that I have a 4.0…WRONG! Santa Clara grades on a 20pt system (based on a 5 unit class). In order to attain the full 20 points, one must achieve an A+. Points are deducted for each subsequently lower percentage. At any other school I would have a 4.0, but thanks to Santa Clara I have a 3.7.

Moral of the Story: If you like the Idea of 7-10 hours of homework a night, you get along with professors who believe that they are God incarnate, and you have divine knowledge then Santa Clara University is the school for you!

Santa Clara University