StudentsReview :: George Mason University - Extra Detail about the Comment

University of Virginia -- Charlottesville, VA

George Mason University

Alumni Survey

Date: Mar 03 2003
Major: Kinesiology (This Major's Salary over time)
My experience with George Mason University has been very positive. I majored in Health, Fitness, and Recreation Resources. I thoroughly enjoyed all of the courses & found the professors very willing to help whenever I had a question. Mason did a great job in preparing me for the Masters of Public Health program I am currently in.

On a side note, Mason is pretty much a commuter school but that doesn't mean that there aren't things to do. There are tons of clubs, activities, intramural sports, and athletic events to be involved in. As with any school, you get out what you put into it.

I feel very fortunate to have attended Mason during it's transition from a "backup" school to a "first choice" school. Every year I attended, I could see Mason getting better and better. Mason is constantly adding programs, buildings, and technology to the classrooms that make Mason very competitive with the other great schools in VA & DC (like Virginia Tech, James Madison University, George Washington University, etc) so check it out!

Is JMU a great school? Not sure I would put it in the same grouping with UVA.
George Mason University