StudentsReview :: The University of California - Riverside - Extra Detail about the Comment

University of California -- Santa Cruz, CA

Friendly, Approachable

SAT1230
B-
A
She rated most things higher than other students did.
Date: Apr 10 2003
Major: Biology (This Major's Salary over time)
Although UCR is not thought of as one of the top schools in the nation, I came out of it feeling that it has served me well. What makes college experience great almost always depends on the person and whether that person takes advantage of all the resources and experiences available from that college. I spent my first year in the dorms and got to meet and learn a lot about people. The classes as always depended on the professor who taught it. There is a mix of good and bad professors. I was able to join a volunteer club that did everything from beach cleanups to arts and crafts with childrens' hospital to manning a booth at a downtown festival. I was also given the opportunity to work with a professor in research where I learned how to manage and conduct my own experiments. It was also fun to take advantage of free events on campus such as a concert or rally. It is just a matter of finding out where and when it would be held. And my roommate always seemed to know where to get that free ice cream sample. Overall, I believe that a college experience won't be the same without the resources and experiences it has to offer. And I believe UCR has the resources available to make a good college experience, it just depends on whether you take advantage of it.
Compare UCR/UC-RiversideSave UCR/UC-Riverside