StudentsReview :: Hendrix College - Extra Detail about the Comment

Drexel University -- Philadelphia, PA

Hendrix College

Alumni Survey

Date: Aug 20 2003
Major: Language - French/Spanish/etc. (This Major's Salary over time)
What an incredible gem Hendrix is. It's hard to imagine that such a good education could be had at such a low cost and be located in such a underprivileged state as Arkansas. Hendrix allowed me to pursue my love of learning and my professors were always there to challenge and stimulate my mind. More than anything I think my time at Hendrix helped to shape my current intellectual interests and allowed me to acquire the tools I would need not only to be successful in graduate school, but in life in general.

For all current students I offer this bit of advice: Take full advantage of the knowledge your professors have to offer. Hendrix does not have all of the resources of more well-endowed institutions, but it has an immense amount of less tangible resources in the dedication and expertise of its faculty. Use your time at Hendrix wisely—by asking lots of questions, exploring new ideas, taking varied classes, making lasting friendships—and you will be rewarded for many years to come.

For prospective students, take heed: You will be happiest at this school if you are willing to absorb as much as possible from professors. If you are a complete autodidact who desires or needs little or no instruction, seek a college education elsewhere at an institution with greater resources. Hendrix's shining achievement is pairing great teaching in the classroom with eager minds willing to engage in productive discourse. So, if you are the type of student who only need show up to the class for finals to do well, go to an Ivy League School, you will get more mileage from the degree. But if you want to spend four years of intellectual discourse and discovery in close contact with able and willing mentors, then Hendrix is the place for you.

Also, don’t expect ANYONE outside of Arkansas, Missouri, Texas, Louisiana or Tennessee to know where or what Hendrix is ; )

Compare HendrixSave Hendrix