StudentsReview :: Hampton University - Extra Detail about the Comment

SAT1320
Useful Schoolwork
B
Faculty Accessibility
She rated most things higher than other students did.
Date: Oct 14 2003
Major: Chemistry (This Major's Salary over time)
I am writing this having graduated from Hampton University over four years ago. I, without any hestitation, can say that Hampton was the best experience I have ever had. Yes, the cafeteria food is not the best, yes the surrounding city is quiet and suburban, but come on guys, these things should not be the measure of your college experience. If your idea of college is non-stop clubbing and partying then go to a big state school like Ohio State or a school in a major city like NYU. Attending schools of these types will ensure that you will have more to do—and more to distract you from the goal at hand, which SHOULD be to get an education. Hampton has something much for valuable to offer than a popping night life—it will treat you like a human being, not a number. It will offer friendships and networks that will serve you for life. And if you take the initiative, it can offer you unlimited opportunities to grow as a leader and as a person.

When I was at Hampton I was into everything—Student Leadership, Student Recruitment Team, sorority, chemistry club, volunteer work, whatever. Those experiences were probably more valuable to my overall colllege experience than my academic responsibilities, and let me explain why. 1) I developed a large group of friends and acquaintences which meant I always had people to party, hang out and chill with. One Hampton true-ism is that at Hampton University, you make your own fun. If you isolate yourself, it can be a lonely place. So take the initiative and get involved! 2) By working with the university, in recruitment and other capacities, I got to know the university staff and they got to know me. You would be surprised how quickly your transcript can get processed, or how many administrative barriers you can avoid by knowing people who know the system. Again, get involved!! 3)I learned how to get things done. Getting involved in your campus community will teach you skills you will never get in a class, like how to plan a major event or how to run an organization so that it is productive. These are skills you will probably be called on to learn once you join the job market, so why not learn them now? 4) Finally, the friends I made at Hampton have largely been friends for life. I consider many of my friends from Hampton to be the closest friends I have, because we grew up together. Hamptonians share a strong common bond, which alumni of most other schools cannot say. Be proud of your Hampton connection; it is a privilege to say,

I am a Hampton graduate!

I loved my four years at Hampton. I partied my fair share (my favorite was consistently the APhiA ball), studied hard and got involved in making my campus the best it could be. The education I received was good enough to get me into one of the most competitive medical schools in the country and to perform at the top of my class once there. I married a Hamptonian, and got married in the Hampton University Chapel. I am a pirate through and through. Hampton, like so much of life, is what you make it. If you sit around waiting for everything to be handed to you on a platter, you are likely to be disappointed. But if you take on the challenge of getting everything out of your college experience that it can offer, I promise Hampton will never let you down!!!

questionWere you able to move the front pews aside for the wedding?
Compare HamptonSave Hampton