StudentsReview :: Birmingham Southern College - Extra Detail about the Comment

Oregon Graduate Institute of Science and Technolog -- Beaverton, OR

Birmingham Southern College

Alumni Survey

Date: Nov 19 2003
Major: Language - French/Spanish/etc. (This Major's Salary over time)
My advice: Visit the schools you are considering! I have one boy in his second year of college and one who will start next year. The one most important thing for them in making their selection was the college visit, especially the overnight-in-the-dorm type of visit that the smaller colleges usually offer. My older boy did a lot of reading about schools and picked out his top six. Then he visited. The school that he thought would be his top choice he HATED! The one he chose, which he really likes, he decided on by the next morning after his overnight stay. When I met him at the admissions office, he said, "This is where I want to spend the next four years of my life." I would say NOTHING compares to the visit in helping to make a choice. When the kids all gathered in the dorm room at night, they gave him the straight scoop on the college. This is something he couln't get from broshures, conversations with admissions officers, or conversations with "student ammbassadors", whose job is to represent the school. Hope that helps.
Compare BSCSave BSC