StudentsReview :: The University of Virginia - Extra Detail about the Comment

Surrounding CityB Extra CurricularsB+
SafetyB-
Friendly, Arrogant

ACT:27
id='quarter' class='snapshot' style='color: #009704; line-height:80px';float:left;
SAT1210
University Resource Use
B-
She cares more about Safety than the average student.
Date: Jan 02 2004
Major: Undecided (This Major's Salary over time)
AT first glance I can understand why some people may be turned off from UVA-a good majority of the people look like they jumped out of an Abercrombie and Fitch magazine, introductory classes are large, grounds is huge, and the "good ol' boy" mentality is definitely present in some…at first i too was a bit intimidated and disgusted to some extent. But, my experience at UVA thus far has been surprisingly wonderful! As corny as it may sound, i truly feel that my horizons have been expanded and already I have had the opportunity to learn so many things that have made me broaden my firm understanding of life- hhahaha as much understanding as one can have at age 18. I think as with any college you just have to find a group of people that you fit with. UVA is a wonderful school to come to, but only if you're willing to stretch yourself academically and otherwise. Classes are great…for the most part people are friendly…grounds are gorgeous!…professors knowledgable and friendly…a true place of learning…but, a place of fun too (I love the fact that i attend a concert or play almost weekly) My personal experience at UVA has been a great one and I would definitely recommend it overall!
Compare VIRGINIASave VIRGINIA