StudentsReview :: Roanoke College - Extra Detail about the Comment

Surrounding CityF Extra CurricularsD-
SafetyA+
Friendly, Arrogant, Approachable, Snooty, Closeminded

Campus Aesthetics/ Beauty
She cares more about Surrounding City than the average student.
Date: Jan 16 2004
Major: English (This Major's Salary over time)
I ended up going to Roanoke College because of my financial situation (Roanoke has a great financial aid program). I wasn't able to visit the campus before coming to school, since I am an out of state student. I really wish I had, though, because I was disappointed to see just how little diversity RC has, and how so many people are in fraternities and sororities. And many who aren't still tend to have the same qualities - being closeminded, rich snobs. There is very litte to do except go to parties or visit other schools. If you want to feel as though you are part of an academic atmosphere, this is definitely not the place. Many students are culturally unaware and have little real academic interest. However, RC has some fantastic teachers. I have had very friendly, dedicated teachers who will go out of their way to help you; Roanoke has an amazing english department. But, there is NO school spirit here. There are few campus events, and cultural events on and off campus are next to none. If I had known RC was like this, I definitely would not have come.
Compare RoanokeSave Roanoke