StudentsReview :: The University of Mary Washington - Extra Detail about the Comment

James Madison University -- Harrisonburg, VA

SAT1275
Campus Aesthetics/ Beauty
Safety
A
She cares more about Campus Aesthetics/ Beauty than the average student.
Date: Mar 22 2004
Major: Business - Management and Administration (This Major's Salary over time)
Overall, I don't like Mary Washington and wish I had never come. I'm so glad I'm transferring in 37 days.

Most people have said that classes are difficult and you have to spend a lot of time studying, but I haven't found that to be true. Do your work and study for tests and you'll be fine. In beginning there seem to be a lot of things to get involved in on campus, but most are very cliquey so it's hard to get comfortable. Not only is there nothing to do in town, but the "townies" pretty much hate the college kids from my experience, so don't expect to feel comforable browsing downtown either. The teachers are alright, but not as good as the ones I had in regular old community college. I'm not a party person, so I don't know much about them, but I do know that if you don't like to party on the weekends, there is even less to do than if you do. If you have a very thought-out, specific plan for what classes you want to take and the order you want to take them in, good luck. Getting the classes you want, much less the ones you need, is not easy. If you're an organized, prepared person who knows exactly what you want in life and exactly how you want to get there, I suggest picking somewhere else to get there from than here.

As a transfer student, I feel like I've had to fight the administration all the way. They are not easy to deal with, if you can ever even find the right person to talk to. Sometimes you can find one good person in some office- if you do, you're lucky and should stick to them! The school doesn't seem as interested in helping the students it has than it does in working like a business to get more. The whole time I've been here I've felt very lied to.

It may be the right place for some people, but it certainly isn't for me (and pretty much everyone I know has some other major complaint as well).

Compare UMWSave UMW