StudentsReview :: Hampton University - Extra Detail about the Comment

SAT1400
Super Brilliant
Faculty Accessibility
D
He cares more about Campus Aesthetics/ Beauty than the average student.
Date: May 18 2004
Major: Finance (This Major's Salary over time)
Hampton University is a disgrace to all colleges across America, especially HBCU's. I attended Hampton for one year my Freshman year, and it was and will always be the most wasted year of my entire life. I heard most of the people at the school are pretty arrogant so I thought I'd fit right in. But when I got there I quickly realized, they have nothing to be arrogant about. I quickly made friends with some decent upperclassmen (don't bother with other freshman or sophomores). We spent our leisure time down at my parents beach house in VA Beach…that was fun after a while but it got old because of all of the leisure time we had. The academics there are garbage…I sat in class with a bunch of black n mild smoking, kool-aid drinking, cafeteria eating, imbecils all day. They'd walk into class late with their Timberland boots banging against the cheap tile floor and ask the teacher questions that I learned in the 8th grade. I pulled a 4.0 first semester and a 3.85 the 2nd semester (I really slacked off then) and all I did was pay attention in class and study the night before the test. Now I think I know why they're business school is NOT accredited. Thank God I had a few friends there that had some type of decent upbringing…but don't even bother hoping they're still there when you go, they've all transferred just like me! Right now I attend the University of Delaware where I am finishing my Sophomore year as a Finance major. The academics here are much more challenging and the social life is MUCH better. I'm probably going to go for this JP Morgan internship this summer that I was offered…(it was so embarassing applying for it with HU on my Resume). All of Hampton's rankings are complete BS…they deserve to be at the bottom of the list. If you want to make it to the top you have to go to a top school…which Hampton is not. Gents if you want to go to a HBCU opt for Morehouse. At Hampton you spend your weekends at "The Legion", "The Norva" or in your dorm because of their rediculous curfew. Don't get excited, these clubs that I named are "fake clubs"…I went to each of them once and never went back, my shoes were scuffed when fights broke out and my friend got his Range Rover keyed (jealous bastards). HU also has a rule about Freshman and Sophomores not having cars…this was deemed to be a problem since I got a BMW 540 for my graduating from High School. I had to leave my poor baby at home in the garage house all year, luckily I had upperclassmen friends that were nice enough to take me wherever I demanded. That's another thing, the places off campus are pretty far. The only thing they have within walking distance from Campus is the Harbors, a small abominable neighboring shopping center, which you wouldn't be able to spot me in my Salvatore Ferragamos over there past sunset. Their Dry Cleaners over there is TRASH…they ruined one of my Roberto Cavalli shirts and had the nerve to say it was a defect. Don't fret, I was sure to settle that issue quickly…I let them know that Mr. Cavalli doesn't make mistakes (let's just say I'm not the one out of $450). I've never gone back since, I had to ship my Cerutti suits to my Cleaners back home and they had to ship it back (WHAT A HASTLE). And I couldn't even wash my clothes in the dorm washers and dryers because they put stains IN your clothes. I had to use my friends apts off-campus just to wash my clothes. I'll try to go on a bad tangent about the malls…omg what kinda stores did they offer!? Nothing that I would be seen in…I made one loop around the mall with my friends and said…"OMG YOU HAVE TO BE KIDDING ME…What happened to Saks, Dolce & Gabanna, Club Monaco, Lacoste, Ralph Luaren boutiques?"…they said "Welcome to Hampton"…I almost broke into tears from being embarassed, what if someone spotted me in the mall and remembered my face???? I had to order all of my couture online or have one of my friends pick it up from back home and send it via Fed Ex. Hampton's mail system is terrible…they must have drug addicts like Tyrone Biggums working in the Post Office center because my mother sent me money 2x via mail and I didn't receive either. When I asked about it the lady said "looky here we give you every piece of mail that comes through here with your name on"…I called the lady a "damn filthy crack-smoking liar" and she reported me. Ha!…nice try, Dean McMorris looked up my records (noticing my parents names and my GPA) and apoligized for the misunderstanding. The campus is also disguisting and so are all the buildings…the janitors are lazy and watch "Good Times" and "Judge Joe Mathis" all day. Hey, I couldn't do much except complain to them, they rarely listened and my parents said I needed to get the "college experience" so I had to live in the dorm for at least one year. Every chance I got to spend at my friends and lady friends place, please believe I took advantage of it. I spent one-weekend on-campus and that was mistake…ever since I made sure my LV bags were packed by 5pm when my ride came to take me somewhere off campus. I've spent so many nights at the Radisson Hotel (the closest one) I'm sure they still remember my credit card number. The Gym at HU is also rediculous…I like to remain in top notch shape and well…let's just say their gym couldn't satisfy my needs. I tried it out for a week or so but my personal trainer said "no this gym won't do"…so he had to take me to Bally's every other day. Take this as warning and if you still go to HU after reading this, you are a FOOL and I hope your experience there treats you like one.

responseI think you are a complete liar who is probably from some crappy hood and probably never felt the designers you speak of! Hahaha you sound RIDICULOUS (yes that is the correct spelling.. so much for your Delaware education!) You are a fool and I hope you are not black or you were hopefully raised by white people, because if you are black you are a disgrace and we as a community are giving you a free ticket to be another race! LAME is all I can call you. Disgustfull was your little story which more than half talked about material things… you were bound not to have anything to do. You suck at life! like really! Ughh Hampton was the most drastic change in my life but although some things are not great I look at the parts i enjoy. Who are you to judge people on how they are raised? Your upbringing was obviously SHITTY! And you are no man (prob why you could not last at HU) YOU ARE A FAG… Well I am being childsh now I was just so disappointed in this elongated filth! I hope that you get far in life… I know you wont in the black community with your attitude!
responseI am inclined to agree with the above response it seems to me that you have based your experience at Hampton based on whether or not you could shop at designer stores or if something happened to your designer clothes.

I have read a great deal of negative comments about this school and most of the major problems where with how you are treated, how boring the place was, the education was not to par etc… You however are the first to have major problems with the lack of designer clothing.

responseI am really hoping that the above was an attempt at humor because it is so utterly ridiculous and shallow that I barely have words to describe it. I won't get into petty name calling because that serves no purpose, but if you are being serious you just revealed your character and the unfortunate manner in which you were raised. University of Delaware certainly is not an institution to be bragging about, nor is your affininty for designer clothes which are more of a ripoff and waste of money. If you are trying to be a poster child for all that is wrong with "children" who have been given too much by over-indulget parents you have more than succeeded. At some point in your development into a serious adult I believe you will look back on your comments and cringe because they really speak more to your lack of maturity and arrested development than to anything rong about Hampton or other students who may or may not be as you describe. All-in-all I would much rather deal with the Kool-Aid drinkers than your type any day. At least there is hope for them and there movement will be upward. Where are you headed with your outlook, pettiness and small-mindedness which you errantly pass off as superiority? Not anywhere anyone with direction, moral grounding and seriousness of purpose would desire to go, that's for certain.
Compare HamptonSave Hampton