StudentsReview :: The University of Washington - Seattle - Extra Detail about the Comment

Educational QualityB Faculty AccessibilityB+
Friendly, Approachable

Friendly, Helpful, Arrogant

Average
C+
He rated most things higher than other students did.
Date: Jun 03 2004
Major: Accounting (This Major's Salary over time)
What can I say about the Business School here…the CURVE SUCKS!! All the 300 level Business School Undegrad Courses are curved with a mean set at a 3.2. Now depending on how many sections the grades are curved and who else is in your class, that can be a good or bad thing. Take my Marketing 301 class…I did good most of the quarter, scoring consistently above the mean…enough for me to get the impression that I was going to get a 3.5 or 3.6. But when I got my grade, it said a 3.3. ???? Turns out the instructor gave out very high grades on some assignments and all those grades were like within a few points of each other…so that sucked. I know they want to fight grade inflation and stuff, but what about grade deflation?? It's worse when you're an Accounting major…but at least the curve is often within 2 or 3 sections. But there's always going to be those ppl scoring at the top. Most of the instructors in my department are alright, but some have their priorities set on research rather than teaching.
Compare UWash-SeattleSave UWash-Seattle