StudentsReview :: Lindenwood University - Extra Detail about the Comment

Lindenwood University

Alumni Survey

Date: Jul 20 2004
Major: Biology (This Major's Salary over time)
Three years ago when I first arrived on campus my first throught was that Lindenwood is gonna be great. This college thing should be a walk in the park. Having just transfered into Lindenwood from another local 4 year school I found that the degree of difficulty in my classes was much less than that of the school in which I had come from. I just wasn't being challenged. At first I preceived this as a good thing. I could get a degree next to my name certifiying that I was capable of working at the job of my choice. I later came to despise the fact that Lindenwood was so easy. The lack of drive and challenge in the classroom was no secret to the employers of the surrounding area. Both my Mother and good friend Micha work in human resources and have had bad expieriences with LU alumni. They have told me that they would think twice before hiring another. This is the reputation LU has with local employers and the same reputation that worked against me in my pursuit of a job.

I tend to agree with several of the other comments written in this webpage. I too have had difficulty dealing with the offices of LU. For example after graduating I was applying for a job in which a copy of my transcripts were required. These transcripts cost $5. When I went to the buisness office to they told me I had an $800 balance on my account whihc had to be paid before they would give me transcripts. This was not $800 that I actually owed to the university but money that had not been sent to the university from my Missouri grant. The grant money was due to arrive a week later. Needless to say the stubborness of the buisness office cost me and attempt at getting that job.

While I'm at it I have another example for you. While attending LU my father passed away. This obviously changed my families financial situation. This now put a larger burden on my Mother's income and my parttime income. We decided to ask the financial office for help or ideas of how we could ofset this financial loss. Very graciously they were able to reduce my tuition which helped very much. However, the very next semester my tuition went right back to what it had always been. I returned to the office and again explained my situation and explained to them that our financial situtaion had not changed. However, they no longer cared or were willing to help.

For what its worth there is my two sence. Take your time and consider all of your opptions before deciding on your school.

questionHey.. i got an acceptance of business administration from Lindenwood, and im an international student, and i will attend this coming fall on August 2012… im really afraid of making this decision, WHY? well, because of all those comments that people made about the uni.. most of these complaints were about things that not related or important for students education.. for instance, the campus, dorm, parking, announcement and so on. so, my question needs an honest answer, do you advise me to not attend this school? since i don't care about the campus, or dorm and so forth.

Saginaw Valley State University (MI) 1:negative