StudentsReview :: Huntingdon College - Extra Detail about the Comment

ACT:25
Campus Aesthetics/ Beauty
Safety
A-
She cares more about Campus Aesthetics/ Beauty than the average student.
Date: Jul 21 2004
Major: Music - Performance (This Major's Salary over time)
I spent 2 1/2 years at Huntingdon College as a Music Major. I have to say that there were some good times, but the bad outway them. I had two major incidences where one I was harrassed by a roomate and two I was being abused by another student. This college that prides itself for caring never did anything. When I had to move out of my dorm at 2am during finals because of the roomate, nothing was ever done about it, and during the time when I was going through the troubled relationship, none of that "caring" faculty felt the urge to step in. My last semester there I became extremely depressed and was sick a few times. Getting sick is a big deal in a music department. When other people I had seen became sick the professors fell all over them trying to get them to a doctor, but here I was hundreds of miles away from my family working and carrying way more than a full load of classes, and no one could even look into how I was doing. This wouldn't be a big deal at most colleges, but at the time Huntingdon College only had about 400 students TOTAL. It wasn't as if I would blend in to a crowd. Anyway, after I was told I was too fat to sing a lead in an opera ( I was heavy, but not that heavy ), I just stopped caring. I was literally pushed into a different voice part, because they thought it suited my appearance better. The night we were supposed to sing for the Christmas tree lighting was my when I hit my limit. I was told I wouldn't be allowed to perform in part of the concert that was to take place the next day. This was an elite ensemble of about seven people. I know I had missed some rehearsals in the past few weeks from being sick and frankly worn out, but there were other people who had missed much more. I knew my music, but I was told they decided I wouldn't sing with them, but they expected me to sing with the concert choir and sing my solo aria for the Messiah? I don't think so. I left the next day with finals two weeks away. I failed the entire semester, but I don't care. I can't believe I paid these people to push me to the point of sitting up on the dorm balcony and thinking of jumping. I'm $20,000 in debt for suicide thoughts. GREAT..
Compare HuntingdonSave Huntingdon