StudentsReview :: The Art Institute of Seattle - Extra Detail about the Comment

Arrogant, Broken Spirit, Closeminded

Self Absorbed

SAT1050
A-
She cares more about Creativity/ Innovation than the average student.
Date: Aug 06 2004
Major: Interior Design (This Major's Salary over time)
The Art Institute of Seattle is a for-profit school. The students take mandatory courses with the same instructors over and over and there is not a diverse flux of opinions or teaching styles therein. The instructors are not necessarily qualified to teach their assigned classes either. It is a militant environment in terms of financial aid, registration policies, and even security policies. Students are treated as if still in high school. This is a corporation; I transferred into another school after 2 years at Ai, a decision that I am entirely happy I made. I would not recommend this school to anyone who honors higher education and who realistically wants to work in the industry they choose to study. The mindset at Ai is based on making a profit, not on bettering the community with qualified graduates.

questionWhat school if I may ask did you transfer to. I am looking at a career change, already have a bachelors and masters degree and am trying to make an informed decision as well as a financially savvy decision. My other worry is the CIDER formerly FIDER accreditation that no one seems to have except BCC. please respond as I would love to hear!
questionSo which school would you Recommend if i want to take animation as my subject??
Compare AIS/AIO-SeattleSave AIS/AIO-Seattle