StudentsReview :: Pepperdine University - Extra Detail about the Comment

SafetyA+
Arrogant, Snooty, Closeminded

Friendly, Helpful, Arrogant

ACT:26
id='quarter' class='snapshot' style='color: #001397; line-height:80px';float:left;
SAT1370
Social Life
Campus Aesthetics/ Beauty
She cares more about Extra Curriculars than the average student.
Date: Sep 04 2004
Major: Political Science (This Major's Salary over time)
Pepperdine isn't the school for everyone. However, that being said, there are certain qualities that a prestigious college should have and sadly, Pepperdine falls short in many aspects. Although the faculty is decent, the academics are okay, the campus gorgeous and the financial aid excellent, the students are some of the most close-minded, arrogant, hypocritical, rich snobs I have ever met.

Also, if you are not a hard-core conservative or politically apathetic and have no plans on becoming either, don't come here! I thought a supposedly renown school would have more academically astute and open-minded students but I was wrong. I never expected nor wanted people at this school to completely agree or think like me but I thought they would at least listen. I'm not even that liberal but if you disagree even slightly with the average Pepperdine student, you are labelled as a hell-bound liberal and they will isolate you.

Also, it feels like I'm still in high school with all the stupid rules (they just put in a new rule that says you can't hang posters from Abercrombie in your bedroom and they do inspections every week) and the childish silly drama going on about who is dating who and what designer purse one must take to an 8 am class. There are too many stupid cliques and there is little racial, cultural or religious diversity (Sure there are some int'l students and minorities but too little to make a difference. And students here must understand that not everyone is a Christian nor are they interested in becoming one!). I was better off in high school, which was more interesting and diverse than this gilded cage!

There are other problems as well. We may be ranked as #1 in housing nationally but the freshmen dorms suck. The light in my room was dim and the showers are more like weak sprinklers. It's decent compared to some other schools but this year I was put in a room with only one jack for Internet connection. Hello, I have a roommate and we are both sick of having to split the time we can be online!!!

The food is also terrible and expensive. Sodexho should not have a monopoly on what we eat. It seems like Pepperdine is more interested in squeezing money from students and giving it to greedy businesses than feeding us nutritious meals (funny b/c in our mandatory PE class, we're taught to eat well).

Public Safety here sucks and their concern in life is to abuse power, not watch out for students.

Although parking is supposedly free, there are no spaces available.

Last, but not least, Malibu is the worst college town in the world. It shuts down at 8 pm and there is nothing to do. Sure, you can go to LA or Santa Monica but only if you have a car and the patience to drive 40-60 minutes in traffic (yes there is traffic even at night). Pepperdine is situated on top of a hill and near a highway, so walking half a mile to the grocery store is nearly impossible.

But don't worry, there are some good things here. The Study Abroad program is good and there are lots to experience when abroad. Probably more than here in Malibu.

If you're interested in attending rich Pepperdine High, then this is the place for you. If you want to experience a real college, go someplace else. As for me, I'm transferring.

Pepperdine University