StudentsReview :: Hampton University - Extra Detail about the Comment

SAT1300
Extra Curriculars
Faculty Accessibility
A
She cares more about Extra Curriculars than the average student.
Date: Sep 14 2004
Major: Business - Management and Administration (This Major's Salary over time)
If you plan to attend an HBCU DO NOT CHOSE Hampton. I was very active throughout my High School career by participating in numerous clubs and organizations. I was appauled when I found out that you had to apply to participate in something. HU replied "Well that's life honey, just deal with it!!" But this is not what I expected of my college years. Many of my peers who attended Ivy League Schools (where I had the option) were still active participants of their school community. If I were given the chance again I would've chosen Yale or NYU over Hampton. I spent most of my time in study groups, apartments of friends and at "clubs". The social experience was not valuable. However, academically I did learn somethings that can only be taught at an HBCU. I learned that Black women (yes-myself) are competitive and that most times we cannot be trusted by each other. It is also difficult working for a black woman in a supervisory position because we do not like to see others achieve so we like to bring others down. I attended a white graduate school and I learned that we have to stick together. So make it rule and attend a white school.
Compare HamptonSave Hampton