StudentsReview :: Macalester College - Extra Detail about the Comment

Surrounding CityA Extra CurricularsA
SafetyA+
Friendly, Approachable

ACT:31
id='quarter' class='snapshot' style='color: #009704; line-height:80px';float:left;
SAT1240
University Resource Use
B+
Faculty Accessibility
She rated most things higher than other students did.
Date: Oct 22 2004
Major: Psychology (This Major's Salary over time)
I'm in my last year at Macalester and have gotten to do so many things that I never would have expected four short years ago. Macalester has allowed me to do my own reasearch in Psychology on a subject interesting to me (teambuilding), I went to Australia to study for a semester and now that I'm 21, I'm discovering just how great Minneapolis is as a great nightspot.

I made great friend during my first year from all around the world which has led to my great interest in travelling more after grauduation. There are not very many students of color on campus, and for those of us that are here, a lot is expected out of us to be active in many things. Mac's been working hard to recruit students though, and it shows in the amazing multicultural life staff we now have and the amazing excited first year class I've seen this semester. Amazing profs who really do care about you (So far, I have yet to have a bad prof in the psychology department brooke, jaine, roxane, lynda, joan, have all been amazing).

I will admit that it can be stressful to be a student of color at Mac, but I wouldn't change my choice in schools for anything…well maybe I would have gone to Australia, but that's just not the same! Good social atmosphere, brilliant classmates and caring professors.

questionIn what ways specifically is it hard to be a student of color at Mac? For example, what expectations are expected of you.
Compare MacalesterSave Macalester