StudentsReview :: George Mason University - Extra Detail about the Comment

SAT1150
Social Life
C-
Friendliness
He cares more about Social Life than the average student.
Date: Oct 25 2004
Major: Undecided (This Major's Salary over time)
I've only been at GMU for 2 months, and honestly, I love it. After reading a couple previous reviews, I was a little afraid coming here in August. And to be fair, many of the negative comments that people have said have been true. The people can be cliquish, and Mason does have a large commuter population. But honestly, I've mostly met nice and friendly people. Maybe it's just me and I just got really lucky. I can understand why it can hard for some people to make friends, but if you put yourself out there,and take yourself out of your comfort zone, then you're bound to find people that you'll just clique with. I was proactive and made it a priority to get involved. I joined numerous clubs and I met many cool and interesting people. Now I have a great core group of friends(who actually stay here on the weekends) to hang out with. Also, my professors here have been great. All of them have been really helpful and friendly.

Mason isn't the school for everyone, but it is the school for me. You just have to work harder at having a great "college experience" here than at other schools.

George Mason University