StudentsReview :: Azusa Pacific University - Extra Detail about the Comment

SAT1170
D
Faculty Accessibility
A
She cares more about Individual Value than the average student.
Date: Nov 06 2004
Major: Psychology (This Major's Salary over time)
Many people talk about how wonderful and glorious APU is. I won't dispute their opinions and say they're wrong. However, my experience here has not been wonderful. It hasn't been horrible, but this school has certainly not lived up to my expectations.

I came here as a freshman in hopes of making lots of friends and getting involved in lots of activities. That didn't happen. I tried my best to meet people and get involved, but it didn't happen. For whatever reason, nothing I did got the "APU Radar" to notice me. I guess I'm just not the right person for APU. I don't have the right qualities to be an RA, a member of ASB, an Alpha Leader, a chapel worship team member or any of the other highly coveted positions for students on this campus.

So, all right fine. Having my name in lights isn't all that important to me anyway. I'm a good student and I get good grades, so at least in that department I'll get some recognition. Alas, but no. Just getting good grades doesn't matter. You've got to be on a faculty member's research team or something like that to be acknowledged by your professor's for your academic excellence.

A lot of students get ignored here. I feel like one of them. APU says they care about their students. I disagree. They only care about their paychecks and putting a good face on the university. There's a lot of stuff that goes on at APU that gets covered up. Administration does a great job of keeping its dirty little secrets under wraps to save face and not get bad press.

Furthermore, APU treats its students like teenagers or children. We're all adults here but we're not treated like adults. Faculty and staff look down upon us. They give off a vibe of "why are you here?", "why are you bothering me?". Excuse me but you're only here because of me. If it wasn't for me and all the other students here, you wouldn't have a job. I'm not a child anymore. I'm an adult, and I act as such so I'd like to be treated like as an adult.

Lastly, there are some pretty horrible students at this school that should be expelled. However, because as I said before, the administration works hard at saving face, they won't deal with problem students like they should. Moreover, there are just some really cruel, arogant and snotty students here.

I came to APU thinking it would be better than high school. It isn't APU is simply a glorified high school. All the same crap that goes on at high schools, goes on here. Maybe, though, if the students were actually treated like adults and not like high school students, they'd act like adults, and the atmosphere and experience here would be a lot better.

responseI'm sorry you felt this way :(

I go to apu right now and i often feel isolated but i think it's just because i am introverted. i wish there was a way of meeting other people on campus who feel alone, so we could support each other

responseYes, I agree that this isn't a real university; it's easier than high school and most students aren't intelligent at all. The professors are nothing more than high school teachers. AZUSA IS A GHETTO!
Azusa Pacific University