StudentsReview :: Roanoke College - Extra Detail about the Comment

SAT1340
Social Life
C+
A
He cares more about Campus Maintenance than the average student.
Date: Nov 20 2004
Major: English (This Major's Salary over time)
Roanoke has been a good place for me, but it's not for everyone. There are an amazing number of students in fraternities/sororities, which doesn't really help with the social life aspect. If you're not going out for a party then there's not much going on beyond chilling with friends (or the bar, but hey, that's always an option).

The English department is great (although I haven't had classes with all of the professors in the department) and the professors are there to help. Thus far in my grad school application process they've all been very helpful.

If you're looking at it, definitely visit the campus and try to talk with some students. If I had known how many people pledge a frat and how big a part of campus life they really are (they gave me a statistic, some percentage, but it didn't mean much of anything until I got here) then I might've reconsidered attending school here. But in the end, I think it's been a good place for me.

Oh, one last thing—be prepared for Jesusland because you'll run into some very closeminded hardcore Christians. I see all these bumper stickers around here against gay marriage, and one my professors last semester is actually a minister and took every opportunity to preach to the class any way he could. But if you can get around that, then hey.

Compare RoanokeSave Roanoke