StudentsReview :: National University - Extra Detail about the Comment

Fordham University -- Bronx, NY

National University

Alumni Survey

Date: Nov 22 2004
Major: English (This Major's Salary over time)
I will admit that National University wasn't my first choice for an education. As I lived in San Diego at the time, there were obviously other universities I could have attended (i.e. UCSD, SDSU). However, these other universities did not offer a program I could balance with other demands in my life. I'm in the military and have a family. I wanted an education and National made it easy to enroll and attend classes. The big universities should take note of this, because they deserved an "F" for this at the time. Big universities have been closed minded for too long, catering strictly to individuals who can abandon everything to go to school. This isn't a realistic possibility for a large segment of the population. Anyway, as to the education I received at NU, I was pleasantly surprised. I think I got as good an education as I could have anywhere else. I even spoke with people who had been in CSU and UC programs, and they were much happier at NU. Why? Because of the focused one on one attention. Big universities just don't provide this, and as a result, people drop out. I would strongly recommend National University to anyone who can't drop their life to get an education. Still, keep in mind that there will probably be some negative stigma surrounding your degree if you get it at NU. Education is generally viewed from a traditionalist perspective and anything that deviates from tradition is met with suspicion. It's a good thing our forefathers broke with tradition, otherwise we would still be nothing more than a British colony.
questionWhat kind of career did you get with the MA in English? If I sign up with NU, I am geared towards teaching at the junior college level. Do you know of anyone in this program that followed my path and got such a position? Thanks.
Compare NationalSave National