StudentsReview :: Hampton University - Extra Detail about the Comment

Friendly, Arrogant, Approachable, Snooty

Friendly, Helpful, Arrogant, Condescending

C
Excess Competition
She rated most things higher than other students did.
Date: Dec 28 2004
Major: Journalism (This Major's Salary over time)
I'm a little dissapointed to see all these negative comments about HU. Although, everyone is entitled to their own opinion, I thought reviews would at least be better than what I read. Allow me to shed a little sunlight…I love HU and I would not go to any other school! It seems like many of the opions came from first and second year students. I had doubts about the school when i got there, but(and I hate to sound cliche') it's really what you make of it! I will admit, my friends have made this experience even better for me. There are snooty people at HU, but I think the majority of the people work there and are not the students. The students are confident, which I guess can be looked upon as "stuck-up", but are overall friendly. The one thing I noticed when I first stepped on campus during precollege(01!!!) was how everyone greeted each other with a hug, that is something you don't necessarily find elsewhere. Yeah, the caf food sucks and yeah, the dorms are less than par, but from my senior year, looking back, those are the things that make me laugh. I will always remember the HOT water in my water fountain and roaches the size of my middle finger in TWITCHELL!! For any perspective Hamptonians…take a tour of the campus, it is beautiful, I love HU. Nothing is perfect, but I would not trade my HU experience in for the world!!
Compare HamptonSave Hampton