StudentsReview :: California State University - Long Beach - Extra Detail about the Comment

San Diego State University -- San Diego, CA

Arrogant, Snooty, Closeminded

Unhelpful, Self Absorbed

Excess Competition
B+
She cares more about Surrounding City than the average student.
Date: Jan 03 2005
Major: Psychology (This Major's Salary over time)
I thought that people generally would be friendlier. I have moved around quite a bit and have been to several colleges and universities. I found it easier to get along with people at community colleges and reccomend it to people to go to them before going to a cal state or UC, you will not only save more money and get more help from professors, but you will more likely get accepted to a school that you want to. If I wouldn't have gotten a full scholarship to this school, I wouldn't have gone. Plain and simple. It is a bit too overcrowded compared to other universities I have visited. I had no idea what I was getting into.

commentI agree with your comment about going to community college. I got along with people more at the community college (I ran into some old friends from H.S. also at the JC) and most of them were a lot nicer. When I came to CSULB, I noticed a drop in the maturity level of a number of students.
commentI agree with the reviewer. I did not know what I got myself into when I came here. I thought it would be a great school; however, I was proven wrong with the lack of maturity of students and some (not all) of the professors overworking the students.
Compare CSULB/CalState-Long BeachSave CSULB/CalState-Long Beach