StudentsReview :: Columbia Pacific University - Extra Detail about the Comment

Brown University -- Providence, RI

Columbia Pacific University

Alumni Survey

Date: Jan 15 2005
Major: Education (This Major's Salary over time)
Columbia Pacific University was an excellent school of distance education for accomplished individuals. For two decades it was approved by the State of California, and approval was synonymous with accreditation. The closing of CPU in 2000 was an unfair judicial act and has nothing to do with the accomplishments and academic excellence of its graduates. I view the closing of CPU as a big mistake and as part of the process of the closing of the American mind.

I completed all my doctoral courses in History at Concordia of Montreal, a major Canadian University. At Columbia Pacific University I did interdisciplinary doctoral work and submitted my dissertation on the Interface Dynamics of Art and Science, a 500 page thesis that earned me the PhD degree in Education and Art. My thesis advisors also included noted scientists, among them the mathematician P.R. Halmos,the physicist Victor F. Weisskopf and Nobel Laureate Sir Nevill Mott. The dissertation was published by University Press of America - an umbrella publisher for Columbia, Harvard, Stanford and other universities - as The Brush and the Compass. The book generated critical acclaim and taught at university courses in North America as well as overseas.

Paul Hartal