StudentsReview :: Davidson College - Extra Detail about the Comment

Vanderbilt University -- Nashville, TN

Davidson College

Alumni Survey

Date: Mar 22 2005
Major: English (This Major's Salary over time)
I absolutely adored my time at Davidson and could not have asked for a better experience. I made lifelong friends, had caring & challenging professors, and received countless opportunities (including having lunch with Gloria Steinem and interviewing many impressive people who were coming through to speak on campus). During my senior year, four professors regularly reviewed my honors thesis and meet me on an individual basis for as long and as often as I needed. I still keep in touch with many of my professors, and they genuinely remember me and care about my success. Furthermore, the honor code is wonderful at Davidson. Unlike the honor codes at other schools (including the law school I currently attend), Davidson's honor code has real meaning. The library doesn't have sensors, and I regularly left my laptop there overnight without problems. I lost several pairs of expensive earrings over the course of four years, and each time, someone returned them to me. It really is a nice feeling to live in an environment where you can take everyone at face value and know that no one cheats (if you cheat, you get caught and are gone). While the small size is not for everyone, I can't recommend Davidson highly enough!
Compare DavidsonSave Davidson