StudentsReview :: George Mason University - Extra Detail about the Comment

SAT1350
Not so bright
Excess Competition
B
She cares more about Safety than the average student.
Date: Apr 12 2005
Major: Perfomance Arts (This Major's Salary over time)
First of all, I am a theater major, so you may well assume I am not all about the "traditional" anything. But if what you want in a university is a school with professors that will do everything they can to help you out if you put forth a little effort, then this is the school for you. Some people may complain professors are unfair, especially if they are in gen. ed. classes. But honestly, the only thing I've noticed in gen ed classes that accounted for failing or bad grades was the large percentage of my class that wouldn't come to class except for test day, or didn't do the homework. In upper-level classes the profs are helpful in every way.

As for the 'social life' on campus, there's plenty to do. I can't speak for commuter students, but as a resident I have never had an issue with not meeting people or not having an activity to do. If you can't find something preorganized on campus then you should be able to find something on your own. I know that there was a Capture the Flag game going on every night last fall on the quad…just some people being creative in their fun. Who needs to be led around like a pre-schooler? And this school does have its occasional cliques, but people interact outside of their cliques all the time. And there's enough people here that there should be no issue finding SOMEONE you get along with.

Theater and Art at Mason are amazing. The people and professors I've met are for the very great part, friendly. As for quibbling about things like housing, or food, or administration…there's always going to be something to bitch about at any school. It's part of life. I had a couple choices for colleges, and I chose George Mason. And honestly, I never ever regret the decision to come here. It's been the best four years I've had.

questionHi, I'm planning on attending Mason, and I'm thinking about majoring in Theater. How has your experience with the program been?
George Mason University