StudentsReview :: Harding University - Extra Detail about the Comment

SafetyA+
Friendly, Approachable, Broken Spirit

Friendly, Helpful, Arrogant, Condescending

ACT:28
id='quarter' class='snapshot' style='color: #977500; line-height:80px';float:left;
Average
University Resource Use
Faculty Accessibility
He cares more about University Resource Use than the average student.
Date: Apr 15 2005
Major: English (This Major's Salary over time)
Great students and teachers balance out horrible students and teachers, and the fact that there's nothing to do on campus or in the surrounding city.

Good for Bible learning. Good for serious students who don't want to be distracted by much.

The rules are too strict: no drinking, no overnights with opposite sex (you can't even be in a room alone), no funky hair or dress, and you'll get kicked out if you do any number of things or if you say you're homosexual. My two least favorite rules were the curfew (11pm - you have to be in your dorm) and daily chapel (forced worship every morning at 9am - not exactly my idea of what is pleasing to God).

The administration is awful, and administrators betray their Christianity in order to suck up to big donors.

The library sucks, as do the computer labs.

Most teachers are smart, friendly and respectable, but some of the older ones have tenure and they've become arrogant and stupid.

Too many required classes. Not enough electives, in general or in my department.

Harding ranks in the top 10 conservative schools. The school gets great political speakers like Gorby, Bush Sr., Sen. Alexander, etc.

I'm about as conservative as they come, both socially and economically, but I became a temporary liberal while I was there. The administration is conservative in the worst way.

Worst thing is how they treat students - like children. I was paying my way through college, yet I couldn't stop them from sending my grades home (not that I cared) or assuming that I wasn't mature enough to make my own decisions. Another thing you can't do is move off campus until you're old enough to graduate, or if you live with an older family.

If you go, join a club. Even though everyone is supposedly a Christian, you will have practically no real friends if you don't join a social club.

I agree with just about everything others have said, both good and bad.

Put on your man pants honey. This is life. You would need to suck cock literally or metaphorically. Woosy but boys like you give Christianity a bad name.
commentYou make some great suggestions to help future students and campus social life. Sorry you had a bad experience. John 3:16.
Harding University