StudentsReview :: Lindenwood University - Extra Detail about the Comment

ACT:24
Average
Faculty Accessibility
A-
She cares more about Surrounding City than the average student.
Date: May 15 2005
Major: Biology (This Major's Salary over time)
I have been at this school for 2 years now. I wish I had seen this site before coming to this university. In the beginning the school seemed very friendly, with great educational aspects. That all changed rather quickly. They do not tell you the negatives about the school (obviously) It is still good to be informed, whether good or bad. I can pin point times when this school makes absolutely no sense at all.

One instance involves students hanging out on one of the dorms porches at night. This is very much a common occurance because there is nothing to do at this school. Security came and told the students they had to move across the street into a grassy area (quad area I guess you can call it) and hang out there. Well, why go from a well lite porch to dark open area? Thing just don't add up. Also, heaven forbid if an accident or someone breaks into your car. This school is private property so the police do not come on campus when called. Got to go to an office and file a report and the school does nothing to help you. Great help, thanks.

All the dorms are either all girls or all guys. That's fine. There is visitation from certain hours during certain months, but it is only for a few months of the school year. This impacts me greatly because all my friends are guys, plus I have a boyfriend on campus. This forces people to hang out in their cars or on porches, which they eventually get yelled at for doing. All this school is a dry campus, even if a student is of age to drink they are not allowed. This only causes students to drive around and drink, or hide it in cups. I think that is more dangerous then just allowing it.

Honestly, this school has not filled my expectations. I feel like I am being treated like a child. During a college experience one is supposed to grow and learn. This concentration camp is smothering me, but due to the scholarship I received it is the cheapest choice unless I go back home to a community college. At least then I will have freedom. So hopefully this and the other comments have enlightened you on this school and you make the right choice. Research, research, and research some more, it is such an important decision. Do not blow it like me.

commentPlease don't ever refer to any experience you have had as a concentration camp, that is just ignorant. I can guarantee that people in a concentration camp weren't worried about being able to drink on campus or were upset that they had to see their boyfriend in a car instead of a dorm. I understand you may be frustrated with certain aspects but maybe a different reference would be more appropriate, or maybe you aren’t really focusing on aspects that actually better you as a person, so I wouldn’t take your comments to heart anyways.

University of Guelph (Canada) 1:neutral