StudentsReview :: The University of Phoenix Phoenix Campus - Extra Detail about the Comment

Tulsa Community College -- Tulsa, OK
American Intercontinental University -- Los Angeles, CA
California State Polytechnic University -- Pomona, CA

The University of Phoenix Phoenix Campus

Survey is Blank

He cares more about Safety than the average student.
Date: Jun 07 2005
Major: Business - Management and Administration (This Major's Salary over time)
Before I bother trying to justify why I choose to give this school positive feedback, let me first start off by saying I am now three classes shy of my Bachelor's in Business Management. In addition, I have an AA in general studies from Palomar Community College, which is a well known and respected school in California. One of my older brothers has graduated from Chico State University a few years ago, and my other brother has graduated from Pepperdine University. If you do not think that qualifies me for reviewing this school, then you are obviously determined to believe one of the several ridiculous posts that have been made here. Yes, like all schools, this one has its flaws. First off, if you are planning on one day holding a top executive position or want to be a dean, you are looking into the wrong school. This school is made for the working class adult. Out of all of the adult schools available, this is the most respected and well known by a large pool of corporations. Anyone who tells you this school is a joke is obviously an idiot, and either couldn't hack the work load or didn't like the fact that he was working with ADULTS. This is not for the top 10% elite, and it is not for snot nosed frat boys that drink beer rather than actually make an attempt to learn anything. Also, if writing at least four 1-2 page individual AND team papers 4/5 weeks of class, reading 200+ pages per class, and being forced to participate on weekends and during the evening is a degree mill, then I must have missed something that most state universities offer. By the way, when taking all eighteen classes of upper division into consideration, that would place me at about 70+ individual papers ALONE. If you try and say those who complete these assignments and read the required text at UOP are a "joke", you obviously do not know what the curriculum holds. Bottom line, any school, including state universities, will only give you what you want out of them. Here is some information for you to chew on.

65% of UOP students graduate

Over 80% of companies that provide reimbursement cover UOP

The average age at UOP is 30+

To attend UOP, you have to meet the age requirement

You cannot attend UOP unless you are a working professional

UOP is fully accredited

I hope this clarifies some misconceptions about this school.

Compare UPhoenix-PhoenixSave UPhoenix-Phoenix