StudentsReview :: Biola University - Extra Detail about the Comment

Alumni Survey

Date: Jun 10 2005
Major: Computer Science (This Major's Salary over time)
No school is perfect, and Biola is no exception. While overall my experience there was positive, I believe that there are better schools available for Christian undergraduate students (Consider Calvin College, Wheaton, Azusa Pacific, etc.).

Biola is great for people serious about getting a solid Biblical foundation (30 required units of Bible).

Biola is bad for people who don't like too many rules, like being required to go to three chapels per week, not being able to have a social drink at age 21, and only being allowed in opposite-sex dorms on certain days.

Academically speaking, Biola was not very challenging. My program was not keeping up with the times (Computer Science), and I graduated without really knowing the languages that I needed to know.

Carefully weigh the rules and restrictions that come with the school with the positive benefits that the school offers.

questionDo you feel that Biola prepared you for the "real world" and did it really open up your possibilities in the career field? I'm interested in majoring in Computer Science at Biola but I'm skeptical about finding a good job once I graduate. Are you currently employed in your major?
responseIt was difficult to find a job after graduating. Ultimately I ended up going to law school and I became a practicing lawyer. I would not go to Biola if I had to do it all over again. I would have gone to UCLA.
Compare BiolaSave Biola