StudentsReview :: Hendrix College - Extra Detail about the Comment

Average
Faculty Accessibility
Safety
A
She cares more about Faculty Accessibility than the average student.
Date: Jun 12 2005
Major: Education (This Major's Salary over time)
While Hendrix has some good departments and wonderful faculty, the education department is not one of them! The department is too small. There are only three faculty in the whole department. They tend to form their opinions about students as a group, rather than individually. In general, the faculty don't care whether students succeed or fail—their primary concern is their own reputation so if you aren't a straight A student—don't expect any help. The program is not set up to foster success (e.g., you're on your own in preparing for the Praxis exams). Course offerings are limited. Anyone who truly wants to be a teacher should go elsewhere. While Hendrix touts its four year graduation rate, I learned a month before graduation that I will now have to take additional coursework for licensure. Not only will I have the additional expense of another semester, but I have lost a year's income. I could have gone to school in my home state for half or less what my parents paid for Hendrix, received better preparation for teaching, and had a job at this point. I can't tell you how disappointed I am.
Compare HendrixSave Hendrix