StudentsReview :: The Academy of Art University - Extra Detail about the Comment

Art Center College of Design -- Pasadena, CA

Friendly, Helpful, Condescending

Research Funding
C
Errand Runners
He rated most things higher than other students did.
Date: Dec 31 1969
Major: Other (This Major's Salary over time)
I came to the AAU with a wealth of photography experience and a degree in computer information science. I do not plan to finish the masters program at the AAU. For me I would have been better served to have taken the money and invested in some additional equipment and started shooting short films around my hometown. Which is what I plan to do soon, as I am returning to my hometown in a matter of weeks. I had to weigh out what I was learning, what I was paying for this knowledge, and being away from my family. In the near future I plan on taking some summer courses at NYU. The equipment at the AAU for the most part was good or so it seemed to me (I had some of my own equipment I brought with me). I have not been to any other schools to make a valid comparison. As far the instructors are concerned a few are great, one should be fired (our class wrote and signed a letter concerning the teaching methods of one instructor), and the rest are okay. My advice to you is to think about what you want to do with your life. If you really, really,really want to get into motion pictures go to UCLA. If your grades aren't that good take some core classes (undergrads) at your local college first to show that you make them. If you want something bad enough you'll figure it out. Check out the other schools throughly. Most of all get a video camera and start shooting. Watch films and try to figure out how things were shot then you go out and try to shoot something simular with your friends.
The Academy of Art University