StudentsReview :: Appalachian State University - Extra Detail about the Comment

Appalachian State University

Alumni Survey

Super Brilliant
Date: Jul 09 2005
Major: Cultures/Civilization (This Major's Salary over time)
The only thing I would change about my Appalachian experience would be to add another major to my liberal arts major. The liberal arts major made me who I am and I don't regret it for a minute. But, a nice biology or accounting or business degree might have helped me get my foot in the door a little quicker. Luckily, during an interview, the business owner happened to have gone to Appalachian and the job was mine shortly thereafter.

My best recommendation to anyone considering ASU would be to JOIN WATAUGA COLLEGE! Do not miss out on this program. I'm 5 years out of ASU and 7 years out of Watauga and the people I met and the things I learned and the skills I honed in Watauga still benefit me DAILY. I am not exaggerating. You must join Watauga- you will be so much better prepared for the remainder of college life and the work world.

Don't be a suitcase student. In other words, stay around on the weekends and meet your classmates rather than running home to see what your hometown is up to… again. Sure, you may have to get a designated driver to take you to Blowing Rock to go have mixed drinks, but the people, the scenery, and the general feel of ASU in total are more than worth it. You will not regret becoming an App State grad.

Compare ASUSave ASU