StudentsReview :: Hope College - Extra Detail about the Comment

SafetyA-
Arrogant

C-
Faculty Accessibility
She cares more about Surrounding City than the average student.
Date: Jul 22 2005
Major: Other (This Major's Salary over time)
The Hope College faculty was outstanding. Faculty was extremely helpful for class help, all the professors were readily available. Most professors even offered their home phone number in effort to help any time. Because class size was small, professors were actively involved and concerned about each individual’s educational success. Teachers often became personal mentors or guides.

Any student who wanted to learn had an abundance of tools provided. Generally the coursework is hard, but the student body intelligent and the faculty were available.

I knew the staff of the registrar’s staff and student development by name and I never once had a less than positive experience in correspondence or communication with them.

While the campus is in a generally republican community, the faculty and student body was outspokenly liberal which I found surprising since the college is religiously, (which I assumed to be conservative), affiliated.

The Campus is gorgeous and was actually a determining factor in choosing the college.

The student body is primarily female. I found the majority to be from “big money” and it made them appears snooty and spoiled.

The campus careers office was surprisingly inadequate. The only help they seemed to supply was checking resumes and offering mock interviews. I didn't seem to get any help getting a job and was not directed to anyone who could help me.

I was a particularly industrious student and graduated in 3 years with a Japanese and International Studies double major and a political science minor. The international office provided many options for overseas travel. The particular departments were accommodating in making exceptions to major requirements if classes weren’t provided or an acceptable substitute was offered. Hope is not an inexpensive college but they were not determined to keep me on campus for 5 years as most public institutions try to do these days. While my departments saw that its students were well educated in the selected fields, they were not helpful in directing me in the way of find a career. It may or may not have been a common occurrence, but was the misfortune of my experience. I do feel I have the tools to market myself to obtain a job on my own accord.

questionI am doing a report on Hope College and I can't find a description of the campus and the area. I would appriciate it is you could describe it to me and say if its a big campus. Thanks in advance,

Kaitlyn