StudentsReview :: Seattle University - Extra Detail about the Comment

Surrounding CityA Extra CurricularsB
SafetyA-
Friendly, Arrogant, Approachable

ACT:23
id='quarter' class='snapshot' style='color: #009704; line-height:80px';float:left;
SAT1250
Extra Curriculars
B
She rated most things higher than other students did.
Date: Aug 11 2005
Major: Nursing (This Major's Salary over time)
I wasn't too sure about going to SU b/c it was a smaller school, but I had the time of my life last year (as a freshman). It's not like UW where all you are is a number or that you have 500 kids in your class. The biggest class size I had was about 35 and that was in an introductory psychology class.

You have to live in dorms the first two years, but it's a great way to meet people and you can choose a bigger residential hall or a smaller one. There are also special interest floors which can be fun as well.

I found all my professors helpful in that they always had time for people during office hours, they were friendly and approachable and they really DO want you to learn, but won't hand it over to you with a silver spoon. Do the work, make the grades, and you'll be a success.

We do have most of the sports teams except for football. Our soccer team is VERY good; we won the NCAA II championships last year—not bad, eh? On that note, the exercise center, Connelly, isn't too bad, but is a little dingy. It is, however, planning to be renovated in the next few years. There's a weight room, two swimming pools, lots of running machines, squash rooms, as well as several different types of exercise classes that you can take, usually about $8 for 8 one day a week type things.

Overall, I've loved SU from the start and can't wait to go back this fall!

Compare SeattleSave Seattle