StudentsReview :: Macalester College - Extra Detail about the Comment

Kenyon College -- Gambier, OH

Macalester College

Alumni Survey

Date: Oct 04 2005
Major: Communications (This Major's Salary over time)
Macalester allows many opportunities for leadership. While I was not the most stellar student there, I had access to high-level administrators who invited me to participate on search committees, task forces, etc., which gave me confidence and enhanced my resume. Also, I attribute the fact that I am a strong critical thinker and clear writer to my classes at Mac, which are far more rigorous than at most colleges.

I should have stopped taking classes from a professor who hated me, and majored in Sociology. Take it slow and appreciate it while you're there. Mac students think it's cool to bash the school and become disillusioned. You are very lucky to be there. It is a very dynamic place and you will leave with many incredible contacts and amazing memories.

Choosing Macalester changed the course of my life, and the way I see things. Consider it.

questionHello,
I am currently in high school and looking at colleges and Macalester is near the top of my list. I noticed when reading your comment that you majored in communication. However, probably the biggest con about going to Macalester for me right now is that they don't offer communications, which I would like to minor in. My question is, exactly what did you major in and how helpful would it be for going into journalism/ broadcast journalism? Thanks for your time.
Compare MacalesterSave Macalester