StudentsReview :: The University of Detroit Mercy - Extra Detail about the Comment

Brown University -- Providence, RI

Surrounding CityA- Extra CurricularsC-
SafetyD+
Friendly, Arrogant, Approachable

ACT:29
id='quarter' class='snapshot' style='color: #977500; line-height:80px';float:left;
Safety
D+
She cares more about Safety than the average student.
Date: Oct 29 2005
Major: English (This Major's Salary over time)
I absolutely love the English department at the school; the professors are some of the best at the university and are extremely knowledgeable and helpful. They are in their offices constantly, and you'll probably end up on a first name basis with a lot of them by the time you graduate. I haven't had any horrible experiences with professors from other programs, more of personality clashes, but that happens anywhere.

I hate dorm life at school. The dorms aren't in the best shape, and there isn't a whole lot to do on campus unless you are in a sorority or fraternity, and even then there are mostly only frat parties to go to. I would have loved to have lived off campus after my freshman year (but would recommend living on campus freshman year) if it would have been an option for me.

The administration—finanicial aid and housing departments in particular—will usually give you a big headache, and in order to get things done, you usually have to ask your mom or dad to call someone's office.

Overall, I've made good friends and gotten a really good education, and I wouldn't go anywhere else if I had to do it over again. Highly recommended if you're going into English. I would definitely schedule a visit with a professor in the program you want to go into before being officially admitted.

Compare UDMSave UDM