StudentsReview :: The University of Mary Washington - Extra Detail about the Comment

James Madison University -- Harrisonburg, VA

Survey is Blank

He rated most things higher than other students did.
Date: Dec 31 1969
Major: English (This Major's Salary over time)
Mary Wash has its ups and downs. I was in the ELS department where I loved practically all of the faculty and met friends who will be life long. I did my greatest work at the school in that department and found that I felt the love most within my department. ALMOST every professor I have met at the school has been friendly, helpful, and caring of there students.

The numbers of people of color are LOW, and there are many classes that have one or no people of color. The campus is homogeounous and very conservative. Many of the people come from privledge and do not understand what it is to work through college to support themselves. There is the occasional (or not so occasional) hidden racist on campus. Also there is not much to do in town exept bowling, bars, shopping, eating, and movies. There is no where really to dance or do any other really fun stuff. BUT DC is very close and everything you could ever imagine as far as culture and fun is right there while still having the safety and ease of Fredericksburg (a town I have truly come to love).

Like someone else saidd on another web site "It may take a little while to find your niche at Mary Wash, but most do, and the few that don't just transfer." It is worth a try, honestly. I started out hating it, and now I could cry myself to sleep at night because I'm not going every day (I'm kidding! But you know what I mean).

Compare UMWSave UMW