StudentsReview :: Hendrix College - Extra Detail about the Comment

Surrounding CityC Extra CurricularsA-
SafetyA+
Friendly, Approachable

ACT:27
id='quarter' class='snapshot' style='color: #977500; line-height:80px';float:left;
SAT1240
C
Useful Schoolwork
She cares more about University Resource Use than the average student.
Date: Jan 10 2006
Major: History/Histories (art history/etc.) (This Major's Salary over time)
I transferred to Hendrix this year. The students are awesome and the professors I've had are also great. Especially Dr. Shutt in the History Dept., and Dr. Goldberg, who is new to the Anthropology dept. The administration can be frustrating. The only reason I'm transferring out is that, while I thought I wanted a small school, Hendrix is just TOO small. Socially it's fine. Academically, not so much. While the teachers are challenging, interesting, and great (for the most part anyways—keep in mind I haven't been here that long, but from what I hear the majority of the faculty are awesome), there just aren't enough classes offered that I'm interested in. Most classes are only offered during one time period in a semester, or maybe even only once every other year. This is fine to most students, but personally I need more options. I love Hendrix and recommend going there, but make sure you've read through the catalog and looked at what courses are actually offered that year and previous years. This is especially apparent in smaller departments like Sociology/Anthroplogy. Basically, just make sure the small school thing is what you want. I thought it was, but…not THIS small. It is really a personal preference though.
Compare HendrixSave Hendrix